“Great Anniversary”
Review of Marker 32

Marker 32
Reserve with OpenTable
Marker 32 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,048 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Pablo
Transit: There is a JTA bus stop only yards from the entry driveway to the restaurant.
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We have be to Marker 32 a few times and thought it was good to great but not outstanding. Our anniversary dinner was outstanding. We love oysters from FL Gulf Coast and when we learned that had some we made our reservations. Starters were 18 oysters on the half shell which were fresh and slightly salty. They were served with an outstanding dipping sauce. Wife had tuna for main and I had fried oysters and shoestring potatoes. Service was also top notch. Brenda was very attentive and knowledgeable.

There are newer reviews for Marker 32

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had tried on another trip to have dinner at Marker 32. We are SO glad we tried again! We had no reservations, but were greeted warmly and seated rapidly. The wait staff did a wonderful job of explaining the menu and the specials. We shared a salad -- which was delicious and appropriately sized for sharing. My husband had roast pork -- a beautiful presentation of a delightfully tasty dish. I chose two appetizers rather than an entrée. The first was caramelized scallops -- absolutely delicious and the scallops were cooked better than any scallops I've had before (and I often order scallops). I had hoped to have the seafood fritters, but the last order had just been served. I had, instead, the meat and cheese plate. House-made country pate, Derby cheddar, Roquefort, and a lovely, soft, Camembert-type cheese (the name escapes me), served with honey, a kumquat jam, and a mustard. This was the most wonderful meal we've been served in quite a while. We'll definitely be back on our next trip to Jacksonville.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

After a day at Mayo Clinic my wife and I made reservations at Marker 32 for a nice meal out break. We were greeted graciously and seated promptly. Both of us were impressed with the specials and menu choices. Each of us selected an oyster starter that was delicious and had salads for our main course. Her shrimp salad was presented beautifully and delicious. My octopus and bean salad was very good, but compared with the shrimp salad not as spectacular. I had a glass of delicious French white wine that was perfect with the dishes . For dessert I ordered an olive oil cake with toasted almonds and a side of burnt sugar ice cream. This was my least favorite of the dishes because one of the ingredients had a 'been in the freezer too long taste ' . I thought it was the ice cream, but it may have been the almonds, but it was so noticeable it took away from an otherwise wonderful meal. Anyway , that was our only complaint of the meal which is why I didn't give it 5 stars!
Our server was delightful and very attentive, definitely a 5 star waitress!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Agree w/ other reviews: Marker 32 is awesome!
We live 90 minutes away and this is a favorite restaurant. I want to say that when visiting Mayo Clinic from out of town - this is a delightful 'break'. Located less than 4 min. (at most) from Mayo - its just 'right there', and yet feels far from a 'hospital' setting. We found the restaurant through Trip Advisor when we came from Georgia & had dinner the night before my husband's hip surgery. We were a bit tense - I thought a really good evening in a good restaurant might give us a relaxing night before...... Sure enough - post surgery and a few weeks of recovery - we were still talking about the meal at Marker 32..
6 months later we drove down from home & took family to Marker 32 when they traveled from S Florida - also for appointments at Mayo. Again, a memorable evening & a great 'get-away' for them.
Then last week - when they traveled up for their follow-up appointment - they invited us to come down and meet them for dinner at Marker 32....- & again (this time with my dad included) we had a wonderful reunion over dinner. A perfect evening. Food was fantastic - every time. AND when my uncle accidentally left his credit card behind in the receipt book - as I'd made the reservation through Open Table - the manager used my Open Table info to call my cell within 2 minutes of our departure ! Mayo was so close - it was a quick and easy return to pick up the card. Thank you to everyone at Marker 32 - And What GREAT service!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We are "locals" and have been to this restaurant numerous times. Last night, we were there with friends, and on our waiters recommendation, we all ordered the same dish… tile fish in a golden sauce. It was absolutely fabulous and we all couldn't say enough good things about it! Our waiter, Christopher, was exceptional as well. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and the service he gave us could not have been better. What a great person to represent the restaurant in its best light.
We will continue to frequent this restaurant and will never hesitate to recommend it to others.