“Noisy lunch on a rainy day”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #342 of 1,995 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“Noisy lunch on a rainy day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Seems like everyone decided to head to Mimi's Cafe at the St. Johns Town Center the Saturday afternoon I was meeting my friends. The room we were located was so noisy I could barely speak over the din to my tablemate. Our waiter had our starters out. My mother ordered the fried zucchini, I ordered the chicken tenders. Both were very good but portons could have been a tad bigger. We ordered the turkey reuben with cole slaw as the side, and the portions were very large. It finally cleared out at approx. 2 pm and that is when I started to enjoy the atmosphere. If you are looking for a quiet place, this is not for you. Lunch was over but the rainstorm outside kept us hanging around waiting for the rain to let up. Location is next to a Bahama Breeze restaurant, and parking is not as convenient as other restaurants at the Town Center. Overall I think the lunch was just okay, and there are other places with a better value and atmosphere nearby. A friend's soup was served in a very small cup - almost like a shot glass size - and even though it may have tasted okay the size looked like it was a sample instead of a paying portion.

• Visited March 2013

“Not worth the wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

There are always a million people in line for this place. It's not worth the wait unless you want a 10 pound breakfast. You'd be better off going to Panera.

Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Mimi's Cafe is a fun place to dine with friends and family. They offer a variety of food choices and prices to meet everyone's needs. The service is great and the atmosphere is nice.

Visited August 2012
“"WAS" my favorite restaurant.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This WAS my & our family's favorite go to restaurant whenever we visit Jacksonville. Been here a gazilion times over the years since the day it opened. Nice decor & casual atmostphere. Loud at times especially on busy meal times (avoid those times!). Always a wait during busy peak times i.e. sunday brunch. There's good variety to choose from the menu plus they do change the menu every now and then. Service at this location is ALWAYS inconsistent; depends on the server you get. I've been to this particular location so many times bkfst/lunch/dinner, I never ever get the same server twice. Food has declined in quality, quantity, and portions over the years (can that cup of soup be any smaller!?). Chicken portion is about the size of a cell phone. What I used to love about this place was those generous supply of freshly baked breads they used to give you for free while waiting for your meal - without you begging for more! Now they stopped that (or you had to ask). And even if I had to pay for it or they ever serve it to you (dinnertime perhaps) the portions are insulting...like bite-size! For the record, we are thin, slim and slender sized folks and we are not expecting piled-up high foods. But you USED TO GET a real quality meal with decent size portions here for reasonable $$. Even the kid's meal size is pathetic... its for 2 year olds. Value for your money no longer exists here. There are a lot of other new competition (if not, up and coming) food establishments in Town Center. I hope management reads these reviews.

• Visited January 2013
Florida
“Will never be back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Service was so so. Food was terrible. Corned beef hash reminded me of dog food. Scrambled eggs were still wet. Muffins were disgusting. Not sure how anybody screws up breakfast food, but they managed it

• Visited January 2013