“Wonderful Sunday Brunch (but change the menu sometime)”

Corner Bistro & Wine Bar
Ranked #663 of 2,057 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We always love to go for their Sunday brunch but the menu gets old. We have had dinner there several times and have always been disapointed. But go for the brunch.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Corner Bistro early on Friday night. We were quickly seated and met promptly by our waiter. I ordered a drink, my wife ordered wine and we ordered Calamari at the same time as a starter. The drinks arrived promptly and we were served bread and butter. We chatted for a few minutes and both agreed that the Calamari was a little slow in coming, given we had ordered it at the same time we ordered our drinks, however, that did not diminish the dish. When the Calamari arrived it was hot, the batter crisp and the marinara sauce was superb. The added cherry peppers were a nice spicy touch. I would definitely recommend this for a tasty starter.

For entrees my wife ordered Shrimp & Scallops which came with mac & cheese. I ordered the Seafood Pasta. The dishes arrived not too long after we finished our entrée. My wife’s said her order was ‘very good’ and was hot and appetizing. I did not get a taste or the shrimp or scallops, but will certainly take her word for it. I did taste the mac & cheese…it was tasty but had a smoky flavor that I did not care for. The Seafood Pasta that I got was also tasty; however it was not hot, only warm. I would have preferred to be hot.

Our waiter was attentive and checked back frequently to make sure we had everything we needed and to see if we wanted an additional drink and again to offer dessert. Overall the dinner was ok, but not great. I would try them again.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

While the dinner menu is pricier than other nearby options, the quiet, sophisticated ambiance and quality food made for an enjoyable dining experience. Opted for the shrimp and scallops with lobster mac & cheese, which was very tasty. The only feedback I would have for management would be to limit the use of the back door by kitchen staff; they were constantly going in and out on a cold night, which made the back of the restaurant insufferably cold on a December evening.

1  Thank GirlOnAGlobe
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Just returned from the corner bistro for a family dinner and I was highly disappointed. First impressions mean everything and with that said it was very dis-tasteful for the hostess to have on extremely little black shorts with black design stockings. I am not against being fashionable but the bistro seems like they want to be an upscale bistro based on the price and decor but the hostesses attire needs improvement. The bistro and ambiance is nice, however the food needs some work. The meal was not good for the price. I don't mind paying for a good meal but I would like to get what I paid for. Way too much salt on the shrimp. The lobster mac & cheese was absolutely terrible. I am sorry but it is the truth. This is my second visit and I was disappointed the first time and disappointed the second time. I will never go back. My next meal will be at Capital Grille. Thye get it right every time.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Awesome place. Went there for the second time on our vacation. Lov e this place. Great food and atmosphere. The staff was very friendly. Great music. Love the piano player. I would go there everyday, bit we live miles away.

1  Thank jjohn1976