“High prices, average tastes”

Corner Bistro & Wine Bar
Ranked #493 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This restaurant has a nice atmosphere and pretty decor, but the food was nothing special. I went with a Groupon and still don't feel like I got enough value from my meal. I was pressed to find something I wanted to order and while everything was good, nothing was great. The desserts were the best part with great variety.

1  Thank SheyJosie
There are newer reviews for Corner Bistro & Wine Bar

Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband loved his tuna dish but my spinach salad, covered in flavorless oil, was very disappointing as was my Malibu Baybreeze, it was just a watered down Malibu and Pineapple. The Thin Mint martinis we great but at $11 a piece we expected them to be. We loved the location and had good service.

1  Thank MaryRobOz
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I recently dined at the Corner Bistro while traveling for work since it was across from my hotel. Upon entering it ha a really nice vibe/decor. I ate at the bar whih was a bit too high for the stools(am i'm 5'10 can't imagine if a person was more petite). They have a nice wine list, however my wine glass was all cloudy looking hence not wiped down nicely to not show spots/fog. They have a late night be menu that says 10pm to close however I noticed ppl eating from that menu though it wasn't offered to me. The dinner menu is expensive entree range from 22-35. 8oz filet was $35 which was severely overpriced in my opinion (I woul pay that at capital grille not a small bistro). I ended up having the spinach salad w grilled chicken. Overall salad was good but not memorable. The carrot cake appears to be made In house and was good but super sweet.
Overall I prob won't be back to the restaurant.

1  Thank flrelax10
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Have had lunch here twice ONLY due to half-off vouchers cuz without them the prices are just too high for Jacksonville and for the quality of the food. The lobster bisque, though tasty, was devoid of any pieces of lobster whatsoever but still cost $6 a cup and came sans bread or crackers! Also ordered the house salad with chicken and had to send it back because the chicken was totally dry and down right OLD-looking while the raspberry "vinaigrette" looked like some sort of bright pink mayonaise--yuck! The greens consisted of an unappetizing mound of uniformly chopped mixed lettuces and walnuts with a few forlorn flakes of goat cheese--very sad! Fortunately their cobb salad was MUCH better AND they gave us free deserts AND didn't charge for our drinks so couldn't complain about the final bill. The white chocolate-raspberry creme brulee was delectable and the carmel bread pudding was tasty if just a tad dry. Had we been charged for everything we ordered (2 salads incl one cobb and one house with salmon, 2 cups lobster bisque, one iced tea, one coffee, and 2 deserts) the bill with tax would've been almost $70 before tip. It's in a trendy southside "village" location with a nice view of a small man-made lake and plenty of inviting outdoor seating which would be particularly inviting for happy hour or cooler, less humid days. The tables are large and linen-dressed. Given the prices on their dinner menu I doubt I'll ever go and IF I decide to buy another "deal" I MIGHT go again for lunch but will pass on the soup and house salad in favor of one of their sandwiches.

1  Thank zildana
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was introduced to this restaurant through a group I joined locally. The piano bar was wonderful and the cocktails excellent. Dinner was okay, granted I was a part of a large group so service was a little sluggish and we waited a long time for appetizers and the main course. The server never offered dessert and when we asked our choices were cake, cake and cake. I found that odd considering the large menu.
Not sure I would return for a meal but for cocktails, most certainly.