“A Surprise in Mandarin” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gigi's Restaurant at Ramada Mandarin

Gigi's Restaurant at Ramada Mandarin
Reserve with OpenTable
Gigi's Restaurant at Ramada Mandarin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #538 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: San Jose Blvd
Description: Gigis Restaurant is the perfect dining place for everybody. It offers a healthy, fresh and affordable all-you-can eat buffets 7 days a week. GiGi’s buffet is perfect for a quick work lunch or a leisurely afternoon meal. You will enjoy a variety of entrees, fresh vegetables, extensive salad bar and delicious desserts. Whether you enjoy our Friday and Saturday nights’ Sea Food and Prime Rib buffet , GiGi’s Lunch Buffet (Monday – Friday), Everyday Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, or dine on our Sunday Blue Jean Brunch, you will see why GiGi’s is the best in Jacksonville.
Saint Augustine
“A Surprise in Mandarin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Who goes to a restaurant at a motel where they live? Well, I do from now on. Gigi's located in the Ramada Mandarin Motel was a pleasant surprise! I purchased a 'deal' online for 50% off for four people at Gigi's lunch buffet with the intention of taking my three 'kids' who were visiting for Christmas from California. Well, as it turned out, we ended up eating at several restaurants, but never got around to Gigi's. So, I offered to take friends out to lunch. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much, but after a very satisfying lunch, my friends and I have agreed we would be returning to Gigi's. The dining room was clean, the food fresh and plentiful ... it was a buffet after all. The salad bar had fresh iceberg lettuce and a variety of fresh toppings and dressings. I topped my lettuce with cherry tomatoes, beets, cucumber, carrots, fresh bacon bits, and thousand island dressing ... there were other items, but I remember only what I took. I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup that was very hot (very important for a buffet) and tasty. The entrees included baked and fried chicken, fish; side dishes included roasted potatoes, macaroni and cheese, collard greens, and fresh rolls (very good!). Deserts included cake, pie, chocolate mousse, cherry and peach cobbler, bread pudding with a chocolate bourbon sauce (yumm!!!) and soft ice cream. I know there were other food and desert items, but this is what I can remember. The price for the lunch buffet was $9.95, and the waitress told us that on Tuesday there was Mexican menu, and on Wednesday an Italian menu. Friday and Saturday night Gigi's hosts a prime rib and crab leg feast for $32.95. Also, Sunday has a brunch for $11.95. I definitely plan a revisit for the Italian buffet and will give the brunch a try. The waitress also explained that people staying at the Ramada get a free breakfast buffet. So enjoy!

• Visited January 2014

Baldwin, Florida
“A little better this time....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was our second trip to GiGi's this year - and the last one in May wasn't so good. THIS time the food selection was better, but, again - the drawn butter for the crab legs tasted like the cast iron pot it was simmering in. Great prime rib. Limited dessert selection. It's a nice place to eat if you're going to see the Comedy show at the Comedy Zone - but not worth a trip to eat here alone.

Visited August 2013
Lake City
“Buffet Price Well Worth It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

$33.00 for rib/seafood buffet may seem a bit stiff but the food is worth every penny and the staff is provide awesome customer service especially the manager and Olga. Always pleasant and make sure you are very full and satisfied when you leave. Don't find this much anymore. The breakfast buffet was good but could probably use some sausage. But overall, it beats some of the other places hands down. You rarely find grits on complimentary breakfast menus.

• Visited August 2013
VERO
“CRABLEGS --yes!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

This all you can eat crab leg & prime rib is the best ever, they got cold legs-hot legs, shrimp-broiled, fried and cold, fried oysters, clam strips, we skipped the salads because we eat so much of that during the week. There was so much more..........the had at least 15 different desserts, cheesecake yum, the best red velvet cake I've ever had. I try not to fill up on bread at a buffet but the yeast rolls where homemade and the best I've ever had. We gladly paid $32 per person. The staff we very pleasant and cleared our plates very promptly. Keep our drinks full. The restaurant is set up in such a way that you don't feel as if you're sharing the salt shaker with your neighbor. Over all, I highly recommend this place. We'll be back any time we're in town either Friday or Saturday!!

• Visited April 2013
Savannah, GA
“Not up to expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The breakfast "buffet" comes complimentary with a stay at the hotel. We expected more based on the build-up from the desk staff. The grits were lumpy and undercooked, the eggs were greasy, the pastries were dried out. I will say the fruit was fresh and tasty. The waitress was pleasant enough. Overall, I'd say skip it or stick with the bagels.

• Visited January 2013