“Great until fire alarm at 1:00am!”

Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park
Ranked #9 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Great until fire alarm at 1:00am!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We stopped at the Aloft for the night driving from the Florida Keys back to North Carolina. Started off as a great hotel & would've given 5 stars until we were awoken at 1:00 am to a fire alarm! Turns out some idiot got mad about something & pulled the fire alarm. It took staff a good hour to figure out how to reset the system, so that meant not getting to sleep until 2:00. Fortunately the beds were super comfy & check out wasn't until Noon. Breakfast was ok - nothing to write home about. Amenities were nice. Good price for this class of hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Scott W, General Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback about your visit and understanding the fire alarm issue. It is disheartening when people chose to utilize a life safety device, such as a fire alarm, as a diversion tactic for their personal issues. I understand this was a terrible inconenience to everyone. Thank you for your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Platinum SPG Member review:
I booked into the Sheraton JAX and was sad to learn someone had smoked in our suite. I was pleased that the SJ warned us. Sad that we then had to make last min reservations and availability was thin at many hotels. I had sworn off Alofts after an awful stay in Miami but took the chance at Aloft JAX. Let me say that this aloft truly lives up to the vision of W hotels. The staff is most excellent, the rooms clean/new, the common areas pristine, nice bar, and the food basic but consistent with aloft. We extended another night to rest and will return next time we are in JAX. Note: eat breakfast at aloft, easily walk to lunch and dinner from this location. No suites for spg platinum so no upgrade.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for all the kind comments. I'm humbled hearing about our hotel from you. Thank you again.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We went to the EverBank Stadium for the new scoreboard unveiling and the Aloft was very convenient for our weekend in Jacksonville. This location has a very nice pool and a pool table in the lobby. Starbucks is in the parking lot for those of us that indulge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Scott W, General Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
I'm glad you were able to enjoy the pool, we've been having so much rain lately, it's great to hear when someone gets to enjoy the Florida sun. I hope you had a terrific weekend and we look forward to seeing you again.
Florida Panhandle
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Staff was excellent. Seemed to really care , take ownership , and were eager to please. Really, every staff member I ran into did this.

The pinnacle of any aloft hotel is the lobby and this aloft was no exception. It's a comfortable place to relax with lots of cozy chairs, upbeat music, and snacks (for a fee) always available.
Rooms are industrial modern. Work desk. Flat screen with HDMI input. Bathroom with separate sink area. All in all I'd stay again. Breakfast is not free, but coffee is free in the morning in the lobby. There is a starbucks within 200 feet of the hotel.

Only problem I had was the wifi (free) seemed to be out of ip addresses (login screen said they were full). It worked about 15 minutes later. Starwood tech support needs to tweak their router settings a bit. The portal does require room number and last name, so the system should be be able to handle the hotel guests.

Room Tip: Remember, at alofts, the lobby is designed to be an extension of your room. Suggest not just passi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the excellent feedback. We'll work on that internet issue.
Interlachen, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The aloft is a cool and trendy hotel. I've also stayed at the one at Philadelphia airport and it was equally accommodating. Staff is friendly and they have a great little convenience store with fresh food and snacks. I was there for business so did not get to indulge in the other amenities but the room was quite comfy as always. Close by to nice restaurants and the St Johns town center if you have time to shop and have a good meal. I enjoy the aloft and will stay again if it is in the vicinity. Great hotel and good price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
kansas
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I recently stayed 2 nights at this Aloft. Having never stayed at an Aloft, a unique style hotel, I wasn't sure what to expect. But what I received was a staff, from the young woman, Katie, at check in to the bartender, Jessica (I think), who was ridiculously friendly and full of information about the hotel and the area. The rooms are compact, which is kind of their thing. There is a place for everything and everything in it's place. In room there is a coffee pot, an in room safe (I don't really understand hotels that don't have them), a really nice shower and a super comfortable bed. The room is kind of a cross between Ikea and a cabin on a cruise ship. Not a lot of lounge room but certainly adequate. Good bar with a nice selection of wine and cocktails. Breakfast is an al a carte type thing. Breakfast sandwiches, yogurts, cereal and such. The whole place is very clean and in a good area. I would definitely stay here again and try other Aloft's in other places based on my experience here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
San Bruno, California
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel was great all around - clean and nice neighborhood with tons of nearby restaurants and the Starbucks just steps away. The woman at the front desk was awesome upon arrival! I wish I could remember her name to relay my experience to her manager. My booking was very last minute, so I was extremely pleased with the rate I got via the SPG website. The property was clean, inside and out, and the room was a lot nicer than the Aloft in Miami, where we stayed just a few days before. On our first morning, there seemed to be an altercation in the hallway. Upon leaving the hotel for the day, I notified the front desk, who in turn notified one of her staff. They immediately checked to see what was going on and I really appreciated the prompt action. We'll definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family