“Hidden gem!”

Ranked #10 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I was always greeted with smiles and the atmosphere was very welcoming. The hotel is nestled off a main road so its peacefully quiet and you have plenty of social venues/opportunities within 1/2 mile.

I will be returning in a few weeks as I have now found my new "go to" hotel.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Ponte Vedra
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I've loved these places from the first stay. The value is there and having a nice bar and almost always in a great location seals the deal. We had a problem with the internet connection, (which is free) something about too many users concurrently connected. For $75 on a holiday weekend, no brainer.

Room Tip: Great area, you can take a right just outside the hotel and it is the back way to Towncenter. There...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked this place, but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is setup in a modern way, and it was a little strange. However, the rooms were very clean, and the staff was ready to please, especially the man who works the front desk at night. Downstairs has a full bar and in full use at night by guests so it can get a little noisy downstairs and by the pool. When we were there, there were kids playing in the gym, which should have been taken care of. Overall, we had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Island, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I recently stayed at the Aloft in Jacksonville for a couple of nights. I have never met a more friendly and helpful staff. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful, outgoing, friendly, and they really made you feel welcomed. I believe whomever hired the front desk staff looked for genuinely helpful people and what a difference it made. If/when I'm in Jacksonville again, this is the place I'll be staying.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 7, 2014

It was my first time staying at an Aloft and I absolutely loved the concept. The design is so much better that the other hotels competing in the same category. I loved the room (bright, very practical), the gym was awesome and the pool looked good. You can tell though that the service could be a bit more attentive (the gym was out of water and towels and so was the pool) and they could keep it a bit cleaner. That said, I am already planning on staying here again and hoping the management takes it up a notch.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bloomington IL
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was my second stay in an Aloft Hotel after staying in the Aloft River North in Chicago. I was almost shocked that as unique as the Aloft in Chicago seemed, this Aloft was clearly a funky brethren of its Chicago counterpart. If you are looking for something that is cut differently from the crowd, this will give you the experience that you want. Emphasis is on form and function and you get plenty of both. There is little in the way of wasted space while homage is paid to the latest in technology. Although my wife and I are in our early golden years, we enjoy the different look that we get from the Aloft while still giving us what we want from a hotel, a quite room, a comfortable bed, a shower with power, and plenty of outlets. The Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park doesn't not have the space that I want in a hotel room ... it is fairly tight in a market that has many roomy hotels. And the window from the bedroom into the bathroom puts light into the bedroom that can be unwanted from a middle of the night trip to the john. Maybe offer some curtains or a more opaque bed, bath, (and beyond) option. Pool was nice, but its proximity to the heavy traffic on Southside and JTB does not create a relaxing environment.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel 3 nights while visiting St. Augustine. The staff was outstanding. They were so helpful with directions as well as thing to see and do. Will definitely stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott W, General Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for the terrific comments.