“Great value and location for a fun stay in Jacksonville,”

Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park
Ranked #10 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
New York City, New York
“Great value and location for a fun stay in Jacksonville,”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

For my business trips to Jacksonville, I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions from October through December 2013. The hotel has a very relaxing, laid-back atmosphere and makes for a nice home away from home while traveling. The great bar in the lobby and the pool table make for a fun environment and provide a good opportunity to relax. Proximity to Starbucks and several local restaurants are a definite plus for the hotel.

Although all of their associates are very pleasant, friendly, and helpful, Mike and Katie were always there to help me out with everything I needed.All in all a very pleasant place to stay and for it's price you get an excellent value.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jlcastrom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
New York City
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice. Once, while needing a room for a few nights while the floors in me new house were being renovated. Being a new homeowner and facing a renovation, I used Priceline to book my room. As a former accounting executive in the hotel industry, I walked in expecting to receive the obligatory 3rd Party Res treatment: bare bones, no frill, and "just enough" personality. I could not have been more wrong.

The entire staff that I encountered during my stay were phenomenal. From housekeeping, to the bar tenders, and especially the desk. Even the gentlemen working the overnight shifts were pleasant and helpful. I was recognized by name, requests were honored with pleasure; I was treated no less than a preferred member of W's rewards program...not a guest paying a discounted rate through a 3rd party site. I enjoyed my time there so much, I decided that I had to start doing a weekend or 2 a month at the hotel as a mini stay-cation. I'm just wrapping up my second stay and have to say that it was just as great as the first stay.

The rooms were exceptionally clean and had many small touches that are usually afterthoughts. One one desk there is a black box that has multiple connections for phones/tablets/mp3 players. A desk and a bedside phone, which you usually don't find in a studio room was useful for when you're already in bed and need to call down to the front desk, without having to get out of bed. And easily accessible bedside outlets for charging your phone without having to dig around behind a nightstand and possibly unplug the lamp or alarm clock or both.

If I had to point out any flaws, there would be 2 minor ones that most people are not going to either bother to complain about or won't notice at all.
1- The Plug and Play device that connects your media devices to the could come with a little more info. I had attempted to connect my laptop to it so that I could keep up with a few Netflix episodes when I was in the room. However, since I was using a straight HDMI cable, I was out of luck. I was told by the engineer when I came down to the desk to see about maybe trying a different cable that I had to use a VGA cable...which my computer does not have a port for. The HDMI would not work. No worries, I just plugged it into the television itself and was good to go.

2- The TV itself is mounted on the outer wall, dead center. It does not have a swivel mount, so if you are working or eating at one of the desks on either side of the TV, you have to watch at an angle. But, they do provide a small tray under the coffee make that I used to sit up on my bed and use while I watched a movie a couple nights.

I will definitely be returning in the future to get away from the stresses of home renovation. A perfect hotel for younger business clients, to families with kids, to retirees. And its location meant I was halfway between my new home downtown and work at the beaches.

Room Tip: I believe the Double Queen rooms might be a tad bigger. If you want a little more space, you may as...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MrFashionista
Minden, Germany
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed at the hotel Dec 6-8, 2013. the hotel room service need more attention to cleaning, Found hairs and dirt from previous occupent(s), stains on the floor (advantage of the design - black tiles), shower head gives a hard time to water you enough, Windows uncleaned.
BREAKFAST: one of the worst I ever had.
The public restroom is stained all over, thanks to a black design - tiles and granite

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Northpolesanta
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed November 29, 2013

One really cannot go wrong with this new hotel. It's clean and modern and attractive. The employees were friendly and warm and welcoming. Breakfast is available for a small fee and check-out time isn't until noon.

Plenty of parking is available and the location is in a nice area near to everywhere else you need to go in Jax. I will stay here again. The rates are so good right now because the location is brand new.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Floridabluemacau
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have travelled extensively throughout the world and have rarely encountered a staff that is more friendly and attentive than that at this hotel. Scott, the manager, and his team, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff, always have a greeting for you, ask how they can help and see to it your every concern is addressed. I have stayed here several times, and the cleanliness, maintenance and staff efficiency are consistently excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dick H
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Tapestry Aloft location has become my preferred location for staying during business trips in Jacksonville. The staff is super friendly; Katie and Diamond always provide a warm welcome when I arrive and farewell when I leave. The hotel is clean, and although the work out area is small, it is practical and equipment is well maintained. The hotel is close to shopping and fine or fast dining options which makes it easy if I have to entertain clients, or when I have to grab a bite solo.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Donna J
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2013

From the moment you enter through the front door you are greeted by Mr.Diamond, a warm friendly front desk professional, having arrived earlier then expected and no rooms ready at that time, Mr. Diamond did everything he could to make me feel welcomed. With the help of a very attentive housekeeping staff my room was ready within twenty minutes. Throughout our stay the staff was accomendating to all of my associates needs. After a long day at work to come back to hear a happy and warm welcome form Katie makes you realize you have made the right choice for a hotel. A great location on the South side of Jacksonville minutes from downtown and the beaches, the Aloft is surrounded by a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment. I highly would recommend this hotel to anyone you needed comfort after a long day. I do however want to suggest one of their managers,Scott, either require better people and problem solving skills or not work the early morning shift because he lacks both.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms overlook the pool area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business