“Good Value; Great Staff”

Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park
Ranked #11 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Good Value; Great Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Tapestry Aloft location has become my preferred location for staying during business trips in Jacksonville. The staff is super friendly; Katie and Diamond always provide a warm welcome when I arrive and farewell when I leave. The hotel is clean, and although the work out area is small, it is practical and equipment is well maintained. The hotel is close to shopping and fine or fast dining options which makes it easy if I have to entertain clients, or when I have to grab a bite solo.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Donna J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

From the moment you enter through the front door you are greeted by Mr.Diamond, a warm friendly front desk professional, having arrived earlier then expected and no rooms ready at that time, Mr. Diamond did everything he could to make me feel welcomed. With the help of a very attentive housekeeping staff my room was ready within twenty minutes. Throughout our stay the staff was accomendating to all of my associates needs. After a long day at work to come back to hear a happy and warm welcome form Katie makes you realize you have made the right choice for a hotel. A great location on the South side of Jacksonville minutes from downtown and the beaches, the Aloft is surrounded by a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment. I highly would recommend this hotel to anyone you needed comfort after a long day. I do however want to suggest one of their managers,Scott, either require better people and problem solving skills or not work the early morning shift because he lacks both.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms overlook the pool area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank doit4fun01
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place has just been renovated and finally re-opened. It is a nice hotel for a decent price - stay there every week when travelling for business. One of the most modern places in Jacksonville - really like the vibe and dance music playing in the lobby, jym and elevator. The staff is cool, friendly and never hesitate to offer help if you need something. Katie Nasby was usually the one checking me in - she was very helpful and always found a great room based on my preferences. This place is also located next to an "urban village" so there are a few restaurants / cafes within walking distance. Recommend this place, especially if you like cool modern vibe.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Claxton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights during GA/FL weekend. This hotel is a very nice hotel. The lobby has a bar, pool table, and trendy seating areas. The customer service representatives were always friendly and helpful. There were tons of places to eat within a mile of the hotel. There were several restaurants within walking distance and also a movie theater within walking distance.

The hotel was clean and we always had fresh towels. We didn't have any issues or problems.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because of the size of the room. (I don't know if all the rooms are this small or if it was just the room we were given) However, it was super small and it also only had a shower, no bathtub. One other concern was there was a refrigerator, but no microwave. And one other issue that we never figured out was the light switch. We couldn't figure out how to turn on the light in the bathroom without turning on the main light in the area by the bedroom. It wasn't great at night when you had to use the bathroom while others were sleeping.

Overall, this was a great hotel. I would book it again if we are in the Jacksonville area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Owego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the recommendation of a friend and ate we glad we listened to him! Rooms are clean and spacious but reasonable. The bar has a good but limited stock and the grab and go breakfast is good. They even have a pool table in the lobby and a very nice pool. We definitely will try to stay in more of their properties.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, General Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the Aloft experience.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I chose this hotel as a get away for my wife and I and it was a homerun hit! the staff was very professional and treated us as if we were royalty. Wonderful atmosphere, comfortable room and very conveniently located to shopping and dining. Since staying here we have traveled and we look for an Aloft hotel first, before any other place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, General Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff takes great pride in trying to create a positively memorable experience every time and it's a pleasure to hear about your experience.
Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at this hotel on our way to Clearwater for our honeymoon. We stopped in Jacksonville to visit a family member and then went to the shopping center nearby to look around. We had driven all day from NC and decided we would just find a place to crash when we got to the area. We called and made a reservation after finding some of the other local properties were sold out for the night. Neither my husband or I had ever stayed at an Aloft before and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived!!
We got a great government rate, check-in was fast, easy and pleasant. Once getting to the room we were glad to see a modern, cozy and CLEAN room!
It was late and we debated on going out to one of the local bar/restaurants but decided to just have a few drinks at the hotel bar. The bartender was very friendly and the drinks were great (wish I had gotten her name!). We stopped by the pool area to check it out but did not go in and it was VERY clean and well kept!
The only negative thing I could see about the hotel was that they did not have ice available on the floors but rather in the lobby store for purchase. We just found this to be a little strange but perhaps thats one way they can cut down on operating costs and offer lower rates.
Overall our stay was wonderful and we would certainly stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your 5-star review. I will pass on your kind comments to our bartender that evening. I hope you had a great honeymoon and we will see you every year from now on.