“Had to leave at 2AM.........”

Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park
Ranked #10 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
NJ
“Had to leave at 2AM.........”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had a reservation for 2 nights here, arrived at midnight was given a room that had unfortunately been smoked in. This is a non-smoking property from what I was told but people do not always follow rules. Well, room smelled terrible and worse after they came up and sprayed some perfumed stuff. The lovely girl tried to find me another room but they were sold out so, I checked out. She was apologizing up and down for the situation but it couldn't have happened to a more patient person. Unfortunately it left a stain on my mind and now has me re-thinknig the Aloft Brand and it's focus in the marketplace.

The hotel from what I was told here in Jacksonville caters to a party crown and this particular hotel gets trashed every weekend. Not suitable for a business traveler.

Trust me, pass on this Aloft! I ended up across the street at the Hotel Indigo and have reviewed here as well.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank 2worldtravelersnj
Scott W, General Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
I am very sorry about your experience. We care very much about the quality of our rooms. We are a non-smoking hotel and are diligent about keeping it that way. While we can't control our guests behaviors inside the room, we do carefully clean and perform air treatment on any room that may have been smoked in. We realize some travelers are more sensative than others but, our goal is to provide a clean, healthy and green space for our guests to relax.

I am happy to discuss this further if you have interest in talking with me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 3, 2012

A very different experience for me for a hotel. This hotel is very modern and quite sheek. I loved the rooms--although some people may not be fans as it is not your typical set up...
The room was very clean.. The shower was awesome as it is walk in--and they have soap dispensers and shampoo dispensers set up in the shower...
The ice you get from the freezer in the lobby already bagged...
The Pool was great ~~exercise room was bigger than most other hotels..
It is a REALLY cool property. .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This Aloft was very new and nice. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were laid out in a way that made them feel a little cramped. It is not a room you could have two or three people sitting around in. The hotel is easy to get to and has some nice places to eat very nearby.
I am not a big fan of Aloft or W hotels. The ones that I have been all have a very modern/urban decor that quite honestly just makes them feel dirty and cheap. If you like the chic styling then you will like this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was our first time staying at aloft. We stayed for 1 night in room 217. the rooms looked just like the pictures. The beds were soooooo soft. Free bottled water and coffee in the rooms. It was very cheap, considering the room. The only flaws I can think of is there was no ice machine and no free breakfast. But the location is great, everything was so nearby. even a sushi and a starbucks in the same plaza. There was live music that went on for a while..until probably 11pm. But we couldnt hear it in our room at all :) Overall awesome stay! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yuliya V
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Thank you to the Aloft Tapestry Park for allowing us to stay with our three dogs and cat during our relocation road trip. The front desk staff and everyone we came into contact with was helpful and friendly. The hotel was clean, comfortable and with a Starbucks and Japanese restaurant located within walking distance of the front door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Yvonne41
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here on a business weekend trip and we were amazed at how much fun this place is. The rooms are clean and compfy, the pool and weight room are spacious. The lobby has a great little bar and even a pool table. If all Aloft locations are like this property we will be happy to return again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I love the aLoft chain. I stayed here while on travel for business. Room was clean, staff very courteous, bartender hilarious! The bed was heavenly! Very close to restaurants and malls. All in all a favorite for me.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business