“Will stay again, pet friendly, great staff”

Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park
Ranked #13 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
“Will stay again, pet friendly, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here on a long weekend for fun. Had a great time at the lounge. Very clean. Staff helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank flamingoluvr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Fredericksburg, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

This new hotel was something we wanted to try. When you walk in it is kind of funky but we were greated immediatly by front desk employyee. She took her time to explain all that the hotel had to offer even when other people came to the desk. We felt special the attention that was given us.
The rooms are really interesting..loved the shower not so much the mattress but I am spoiled being a sleep number person.
We had no idea what to do for dinner and went back to the lobby to ask the for recommendations..the lady again took her time to find the food that might interest us and even give us her personal favorits. Don't really remember her name although she did mention it many times .carol or something like that but anyway she did a great job and we can't wait to return...keep up the good work...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jerseygirl063
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

I stayed at the Aloft Tapestry Park for 8 nights in May 2011. As a Starwood platinum member I stay at Aloft hotels often and they never dissapoint. Everything at this hotel is brand new. The decor is modern yet simple, with bold colors, unique designs, and a fun atmosphere. This is the first Aloft that I've stayed at which happens to be a little different than the others. I like the upgrades and some of the design features that are new to this property.
Aloft rooms are on the smaller side, yet they make it work by the way they are designed (built in desk, built in closet space, wall mounted tv, etc). I absolutely love the showers and the sliding door used to separate the bathrooms. Each room has a mini fridge, built in safe, free wifi, coffee maker, and a 42" wall mounted tv. The beds are not necessarily the most comfortable beds in the hotel world, but they are better than average, especially for a mid priced chain.
The lobby and shared spaces set the Aloft apart from other hotels. This place definitely markets to a younger crowd and I'm all for that, you won't find any floral print wall paper here! The lobby is fun and hip with the WXYZ bar, pool table, snack area, and plenty of couches and chairs for hanging out with friends. Their outdoor patio features more sitting areas and there is an outdoor pool built off to the side. The fitness center is fantastic with free weights, several cardio machines, and a weight machine.

Thanks for a great stay and I can't wait to return when I'm back in town again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Wade S
illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

The good things about the Aloft Hotel Tapestry Park Jacksonville are that the staff is ver helpful and the beds are very comfortable. However, the room phones never worked. There are no bath tubs in the hotel. There are no ice buckets, floor pop machines, or ice machines--you have to go to the lobby for that. We were only given 1/2 roll of toilet paper one night. There were no glasses in the room. There was a coffee machine but two nights without cups. There was live music in the lobby--right when you come in the door--every night. It was so loud that it felt like being hit by a wall. Surprisingly, there was an iron and ironing board in the room--who irons on a trip? The room was simple in the extreme...depressingly so. I have stayed in hospital rooms that had more ambiance. If you are in your 20s, this would probably work for you. If not, give it a pass.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

The Aloft is in a great location near the St. Johns shopping center, Tinseltown, and Forks Resturant. The staff was very polite and the rooms were nice and spaious and clean plus eco-friendly. Doubletree use to be the only Hotel I would stay in but Aloft is now my favorite hotel

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Jason_Simballa_GM, Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the aloft Jacksonvillet Tapestry Park. My team and I sincerely appreciate your kind words and the time you took to share your thoughts about our hotel with other travelers and us.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

This was my second time staying at an aloft (the first was at the other aloft in Jacksonville) and it was a satisfactory experience overall. I guess I expected something a little cooler because I had heard alofts were funky and cool like W's, but this seemed pretty standard. Definitely a nice place, very clean and accommodating, but the cool atmosphere of the lobby with it's xyz bar and recharge station doesn't really carry through to the guest rooms. Very comfy beds and nice televisions. Shower was smaller than what I expected for having read that it was oversized. I would definitely recommend this hotel to the business traveler or the family stopping through for a quick night, but I do t know that it's the place for an extended stay. (probably not their target market anyway). The staff was nice enough, (and I like to think I know what to expect friendliness-wise since I work front desk at a brand owned by this hotel's parent company), but I kind of felt like maybe the staff was instructed to act "cool" during check-in, and therefore the whole process felt very nonchalant when I expected a little more warmth. But them again, they might have just been trying to play into that brand image. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2011
Cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

I was looking for Starwood properties in Jacksonville for a Saturday night, and the Tapestry Park aloft was actually the cheapest one ($70 pre-paid), so I decided to give it a try.

Generally, I was impressed. If you've never been to an aloft before, it is correct that it's like the love-child of a yuppie trendy hotel (such as a W) and a cookie-cutter suburban residence (like a Holiday Inn). Modern furnishings, funky colours, clean lines, way-too-loud music in the lobby, "mood lighting" in the elevators. It tries really hard to be modern and contemporary, with a ground floor bar-lounge with a pool table, and I think it succeeds.

There is an outdoor pool with patio seating, which I didn't try. Other aloft facilities (including the wxyz lounge) made it appear modern. In-room amenities included bottles of water, a fridge and in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, a media centre where you can connect your computer to the in-room TV, and chargers for your mobile devices. Most rooms have a large shower stall (i.e. not a bathtub), including wall-mounted shampoo and soap dispensers. The room was clean, modern, and fresh (2 months old!).

Tapestry Park is a suburb of Jacksonville. There are some chain restaurants, sushi stops, and a Tinseltown movie theatre within immediate walking distance, but you'll need a car to go anywhere else (parking is free). Use the hotel website for directions; Google Maps gets confused for some reason. It's very easy access off the I95 and the Florida 9A highways.

I was happy with this Aloft, and will recommend this to others if the value is good. Is this a "must-see" hotel? Well, no, the lounge tries a bit too hard, and this is the suburbs, after all, but if the pricepoint is on-par with other hotels in the area, I have no problem with heading to this place again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo