“Totally surprised”

Millhouse Steakhouse
Ranked #9 of 1,994 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Italian, American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, FL
“Totally surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I went there tonight for the first time for our 46th wedding anniversary. We wanted to try something different and took our chances. Boy, are we glad we did. We were taken totally by surprise. This being near the airport, we expected typical airport fare. What we got was a couple of exceptionally good meals. I had the MILLHOUSE GORGONZOLA SIRLOIN and It was outstanding. Though, next time it will be the smaller portion as the 12 oz. portion was more than I could handle (and I'm a big eater). My wife got the crab cake appetizer and a side of steamed veggies. Another winner. I would highly recommend the Millhouse to my local Jacksonville friends and to anyone passing through. You will enjoy.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Seriously”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Took my daughter and my grand daughter for dinner. My 3 year old grand daughter wanted a glass of milk. Since the menu didn't show milk as a drink choice I asked our waitress for it. I was told that they didn't serve milk. Well I know restaurants and they always have milk around. I had to insist she get us a cup. Why she acted as if I had asked her to dance around the restaurant buck naked whistling Dixie. We finally did get the cup of milk but they charged me 3 bucks for about 4 ounces of milk! Seriously! This is one placed that can kiss my butt! Won't ever go back.

• Visited February 2013
laconia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best service! and food was great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Went there on the 11th for the first time and not only was the food great, the service was awesome. They all work together as a team there. My drink was never empty for more than a few seconds, and if it was I did not have to look for my waitress to ask for another. Another server would see it and make sure it got refilled. The service is just incredible! It makes you actually feel good about paying for your ,meal, which was excellent. I have not felt that way in a long time. They certainly know and believe that the customer is #1 and they go out of their way to prove it. Thank you Terri, you were an awesome waitress. Thank you to all the staff that catered to us!

1 Thank homesbuyme
Jacksonville, Florida
“The Snowbirds Crow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

This place is the real deal. Several years ago we stayed in the Jacksonville area as we were making our way from Connecticut to southwest Florida. The hotel recommended the Millhouse which has become an intergral part of our pilgrimage. Terri, our server tonight is top notch. Outstanding knowledge of the menu and great recommendations. I love the Outback but the steak here was better. Tender and lots of flavor. Wife went light and had the shrimp appetizer which was excellent. Don't miss this place and ask for Terri.

1 Thank Don D
Jacksonville, Florida
“Our favorite "local restaurant"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have never had a bad meal nor a bad server after eating here literally dozens of times....
Consistently great food and great service. Very reasonable drink prices and an extensive menu - there's something on the menu to please everyone in your group. Filets are esp nice- try it with the blue cheese steak topping and caesar salad!! YUMM!

• Visited December 2013