“About time......”

Millhouse Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 2,001 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Italian, American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“About time......”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been traveling by this restaurant on my way from the airport for years.
The parking lot is always full...a good sign. Last night I decided to give it a try.
What a treat, the steak was perfect, the frys crispy and the salad fresh.
Great menu very resonable prices.
The wait staff outstanding. My waitress, April, was top notch.
Overall a pleasant experience, I look forward to another visit.

Hiawatha, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly suprised”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stopped in here for dinner after arriving at the JAX airport. I had the Stuffed Chicken Prosciutto which was very good, so don't think feel that this place is only steaks. The service from April my server was great and the whole staff seemed cheerful and pleasant. The price was certainly reasonable. I'll stop here again if when I'm in Jacksonville.

harrisburg
“Friendly Service, Poor Quality”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very friendly wait staff, I had high hopes for this place, but was ultimately disappointed. The drinks are an unbelievable $1.99 all day, but the margarita I had must have passed by the tequila on its way to my table, because there wasn't anything in it but margarita mix and ice. The food was the quality of a Ponderosa steakhouse; the only saving grace was the rather low prices. Will not return.

Middleburg, Florida, United States
“Good food, atmosphere and prices”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We discovered this place by accident about a year and half ago. This is now our go to place when I am traveling and get back into town in the evening. This place is not open for lunch except for special occasion's like Mother's Day, that is the only drawback for me since I am not always flying in and out at times when they are open. I have never had a bad meal. The prices and quantity of food is reasonable. Their appetizers are enough to make a meal out of. The wait staff is great. We have one waitress that we only want her to wait on us, April. She is honest, knowledgeable and is always professional to us and remembers what wine I like and what beer my husband likes! That means a lot to us. Can be a little loud at times. The beer and wine prices are fabulous! Give it a try, you will like it. Again, ask for April. She will take care of you :) It is appropriate for all ages and business meetings.

La Vergne, Tennessee
“Recommended by hotel”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant. We tried to eat there one night but there were no parking spaces left and the waiting line was out the door. We decided we were too hungry to wait that long and went to another restaurant that we got right into. A couple of nights later we went back but earlier in the night and the parking lot was almost full again, but we were able to find parking. We took this as a good sign that the food must be really good. We had a short wait before we were seated. We ordered the spinach artichoke dip and it was good. For dinner, I ordered the shrimp and my husband had a steak. Neither of us was very impressed with the food. The shrimp was good but not as fresh as another seafood restaurant we had previously visited in the area. The steak was overcooked but tolerable. After hearing the waiter at the table next to us offer those guests a lot more information than ours, I was disappointed that we had not been given the same information. I do have to say the Strawberry Vinaigrette dressing (made in house) was amazing; it was actually the highlight of the meal. The noise level in this restaurant was actually more intense than a sports bar we had gone to the day before. It was actually hard to have a conversation with the people at your table. There are many other restaurants close by that I would recommend over this one.

1 Thank later_tater_517