“Great Place for Family Dinner”

Millhouse Steakhouse Jacksonville
Ranked #8 of 2,111 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had dinner here with a large party - 14 people. They were very accommodating to our group and made sure we were all served within a few minutes of each other. Nothing worse than waiting 10 minutes for your food while watching others eat! The food was very good as well. I only saw what was served at my end of the table but everyone seemed very pleased with their choices. I had the fish and shrimp creole. My waitress suggested substituting potatoes for rice and she was spot on. It was nice to have a knowledgeable suggestion from staff. The closest ones to me had the cheese ravioli and a steak. Both of them were very pleased with their meals as well. The menu was several pages long - there is a lot to choose from. There is enough offered to please even picky eaters. Prices were reasonable - not cheap, but reasonable. I would definitely eat here again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed December 13, 2012

There did not seem to be much else in the neighborhood for dinners but we liked this place and ate here twice. We stayed at the Hyatt Place hotel on our trip north and again on our trip south at Thanksgiving. Ate at the Mill House each time. Very nice.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is one of our favorite places to go for Date Night in Jacksonville. From the friendly and attentive staff to the delicious food - steaks in particular, we always have a great experience here! Our server, Terri, was the absolute best. She always remembers us when we come in and knows exactly what we like to eat and drink. We return here year after year and think of this as "our place". Highly recommend!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stumbled on this steakhouse for a late evening meal after my sisters plane was delayed getting into JAX..The only restaurants we saw were chain style eateries..Nice find! We had shared the calamari appetizer and asked for spicy marinara for it which our waitress gladly accommodated us. It was good but not great. Then we ordered the sliced Gorgonzola sirloin , which is served on fresh sauteed spinach and a Gorgonzola sauce on top. It was perfectly cooked and delicious. Our service was terrific, great drinks. This was a Friday night and they had a band playing in the bar area which made it noisy in the dining room.Seemed to have a nice mix of patrons from families, 20's to 60's crowd..

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Don't order the unlimited soup, salad and bread. I made the mistake thinking it was a salad bar but the waiter had to bring it to you. The first one came quick enough, but by the time he showed his face again I didn't want seconds!