“Horrible Place”

Ranked #48 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Philadelphia
“Horrible Place”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel. It is unclean, loud, and a threatening atmosphere. I would not recommend for families, couples, or anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank TravellerTales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
knoxville
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed here before my cruise. And this place is horrendous. First room had pubic hairs in the tub so we were given another room. Second room had cheerios in the floor and pubic hairs in the bed. We looked at two other rooms and they were just as bad. The WiFi speed was terrible and that is even if you could get a signal, the speeds were little better than dialup speed.
Also while having to move room to room we had to use these rickity old luggage carriers that were falling apart. They were ducked tape together and the base was screwed into a block of wood. Bob Villa would not be proud on that job.
 Now I will say one thing that was shining in this crap hotel. The front desk women Jazmine was super nice and apologetic through the whole thing. Run away from this place.

Update:
The place gets better and better. now have a bedspread with dried blood on it.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank liam24
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I liked the fact that the hotel was conveniently located near the beach and right in the city centre.The hotel was also suprisingly nice for the price.It was literally a steal.The room was comfortable and quite spacious.Having a fridge and microwave in my room is a big deal for me,so St Johns earned some cool points on that one.In short,the hotel exceeded my expectations considering the price I paid.Hope to get back soon.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Travel_LuvBug138
port orange
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I filled out my reservation on line and gave them my personal informaiton and Discover Card which they accepted and recieved my confirmation. When I arrived to check in they would not accept my Discover Card! So I asked what am I supposed to do, you accepted it for my reservation? Answer, well you can pay cash. Nice...if I wasn't tired from driving and not knowing the area I would have left, so I used my Visa. Point is, someone else may not have cash or another type of card. That is false advertising, never offered a discount or anything for my trouble.
Second ladies beware the bathrooms, just cheap all the way around. Lighting is terrible, towels (2) are of the cheapest materials, thin and rough. Not much in the way of soaps or shampoo.
Third, breakfast they talk about is a joke. Biscuts and gravey, bread,no eggs, no meat,nothing else hot. Six oucne cups for your coffee and other drinks...low class.
Fourth, the snack bar they ADVERTISE in the room brochure for snacks does not exist at all in the hotel...nice.
And lastly, no signage to find the hotel from the main road...good luck folks.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bd32127
lake jackson
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel thinking it was gonna be really nice for the price for me and my family. Boy was I wrong, the room was renamed St. John's Suites. The walls were so thin that I could hear the tv of the people next door. I heard stomping around most of the nights at all hours because the people up stairs from us. the hotel staff was alright but really nothing to brag about. They ran out of towel one morning and said they would send some up, after 2 hours I had to send my daughter down stairs to go get some. The cleaning staff was very nice though. The chairs were torn, the room had a musty smell. no where to just walk to, to get something to eat., not that I would walk around in that neighborhood. the hot breakfast was just bisquits and gravy the whole 3 days we were there. On the last day, my daughter went down at 8:35 to go make her some waffels and the batter was already put away. The breakfast was supposed to be there till 9. Over all not a good stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jeka_71000
Gaffney
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My family and I stayed here while traveling back home to SC. The hotel was priced well but our room was a little worn. The room had stains on the carpet but it appeared to have been cleaned and the staff tried to make it nice. The front desk clerk was very nice and efficient and the other staff were helpful also. The location of the hotel was good and stores are restaurants were close by. Overall, I would probably stay again and would recommend because of the price and helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank jordannat
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed August 15, 2009

This was just a stopover for us to Orlando. The hotel is new and displays touches of much more expensive places. The beds were comfortable, the rate unbeatable from their own website, and breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family