“Consistently excellent”
Review of Taverna

Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 2,057 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: European, Italian, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Boulevard
Description: Taverna specializes in seasonal European cuisine heavily influenced by Italy and Spain using the freshed local ingredients.Our wine selection mirrors this philosphy with a focus on terroir driven wines from Spain and Italy and an emphasis on quality.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I love their soup, whatever soup they are serving, its wonderful and that is what is great about Taverna. Their food is consistently great. There isn't one terrific signature dish and a lot of wannabe's. Its ALL good. The fettucini with shrimp has tons of shrimp and great red sauce and perfect (tastes like fresh) pasta. The chicken salad sandwich makes me happy and the cuban puts me in a good mood all day. Its reliable, the service is friendly and attentive and the environment is relaxing and kinda cool.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The entire staff--from reception to server to chef--pay very close attention to all food allergy restrictions. What a joy to find pizza I can eat that I didn't have to make myself! The salads and homemade gelato are also terrific. Again, the server and chef checked over all the ingredients to make sure they wouldn't cause any problems with my allergies. The food is delicious. The service is excellent. Be sure to make reservations for dinner, especially if there's a concert in town, because this place can really fill up quickly as people come in to grab a great meal before the performance.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The menu selection is broad covering vegetarians to carnivores. The homemade pasta was excellent as was the simple but flavorful margherita pizza. The wine selection, while not expansive, is perfectly suited for the restaurant with a great range in types/heaviness. The service was spot on! I found the prices to be reasonable and the portion sizes to be large.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Came across this place from a Trip Advisor forum while in town for the day. Unbelievable Sunday Brunch!! We had the lemon ricotta pancakes, chicken salad sandwich, chicken pesto sandwich and pizza of the day. Everything was excellent! Prices were reasonable and service was great. Would recommend to anyone!!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food and service were very good but the ambience ruined the meal. There was a table of 6 guys shouting and yelling at the top of their lungs, obviously they had been "over served" and the manager refused to do anything about it. Everyone around us was complaining and most finished their meals and left. By 8:45 the place was empty except for my wife and the rowdy ones. I asked the manager on several occasions to do something about it to which he replied "it's just some guys having fun celebrating a promotion" to which my wife replied "I'm celebrating my anniversary and there are ruining my evening". He could have cared less and I actually think he was afraid to confront them.
It doesn't matter how good the food is if the management can't, or won't, control the environment. A completely wasted evening!!
After all this the manager tried to bribe me with free drinks for my next visit. I left the coupon on the table because there won't be a next visit. $200 buck down the drain.
I will not go back.