“Great pizza, excellent wine”
Review of Taverna

Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 2,151 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: European, Italian, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Boulevard
Description: Taverna draws inspiration from the simplicity and warmth of rustic Italian kitchens. Located in Jacksonville’s historic San Marco neighborhood, this rustic, yet sophisticated dining destination has earned many accolades since opening in 2009.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stopped in for a quick lunch after landing in Jacksonville. Seated myself at the bar and was helped immediately by the bartender, Mary. When I asked if the particular wine I wanted had been recently opened I was offered a taste. It was a very good Spanish Tempranillo. I ordered a pizza and it was an excellent example of Neapolitan style pizzas. I asked the bartender to send my compliments to the chef. I wish I were staying in the area longer so I could sample more of Taverna's interesting menu.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Taverna is located in a busy little neighborhood with several restaurants to choose from. The margarita pizza I had was well-prepared, with fresh basil and an even fresher tomato sauce. The chef offers a box of cookies on the desert menu - a lovely finish to my meal!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have always loved Taverna for lunch, dinner, and brunch. Great food and wine selections. Service is normally responsive to time of day. This time (6:30pm on Monday) it took almost 3 hours to get through a pretty simple dinner for 3 people. Food still great. Maybe just a short staff on Mondays??

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised to have the option for brunch even if well after 1 pm. Poached eggs and fresh coffee flavorfully filled that breakfast hankering that I had. Friendly staff, historic building, and cutlery with heft. Will be back again when in San Marco!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I'd really suggest that you visit Taverna. This is a "top notch" dinning establishment! They seem to get it on all levels; stellar service, comprehensive menus, great food and nice prices. The best sautéed calamari I've ever had, ditto for the 12oz rib eye.

Try the outdoor "heated" seating and fear not the cold. BTW - excellent wine list by bottle and glass. Reservation a must, parking a bit crowded and a hip crowd (if you care about that sort of thing). Needless to say, I was impressed.

Did I mention you won't feel out of place in nice jeans and a sweater?