“Location Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taverna

Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Boulevard
Description: Taverna specializes in seasonal European cuisine heavily influenced by Italy and Spain using the freshed local ingredients.Our wine selection mirrors this philosphy with a focus on terroir driven wines from Spain and Italy and an emphasis on quality.
“Location Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

As usual the food did not disappoint and the service was outstanding. With the recent expansion table location is an issue. We made reservations well in advance and the restaurant was not crowded when we arrived. The first seat offered for our group of 4 was by the hostess stand at a high top and across from a large noisy group. Not exactly where we wanted to dine with friends from out of town. The hostess graciously gave us another table which was in the back of the new section. Perhaps on a busy night with other patrons it would be okay but the room is dark gray with curtains and felt like a room off stage at the theater. The room atmosphere put a damper on an otherwise excellent meal. We will return but will be more specific in requesting a table.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Overpriced & Underwhelmed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

After all these years they still can't figure it out. Now they decided to add lunch service.

Note to self - when you pay nearly $15 for a lunch size pizza, it needs to have more than a "hint" of ingredients and more than just paper thin and burnt. Also, why were the Basil leaves off the pizza and in the corner of the take-out box?

Also ordered a Chicken + Caesar. I believe that means chicken is part of the salad and should be visible. None was located.

Finally, when you offer a burger it is probably a bad idea to have the bun 25 - 50% larger in diameter to the meat. A dead give-away to another $15 lunch menu item.

Not worth the price I was over-charged.

Visited December 2013
Amelia Island, Florida
“Great Neighborhood Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have dined at Taverna in San Marco many times. This trendy spot in the middle of San Marco is a lovely space with intimate feel and great food. The pasta is outstanding as is the pizza and exceptional French Fries. The fish and salads are good as well. Actually, none of us have ever hand a bad meal at Taverna and you won't either.

When the weather is nice the outdoor seating is great as you watch the eclectic mix of locals and tourists pass by.

Be sure to make a reservation. It is well worth the drive from around Jacksonville and San Marco is a fun place to shop or see a movie or play.

• Visited December 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Revising my previous review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Earlier this year (March) I visited Taverna and had a few issues with my dinner. However, after I posted my review the Manager contacted me and asked me what I had an issue with. After I told him he invited me back with a gift certificate. This I really appreciated. I did not have a chance to go back there until Mid- October.
This time everything thing was perfect for our little going away party for a friend. From the wine, appetizers (cheese and meat platter and hummus with bread), our salads (the spinach one) to the pasta....each and everyone was great. The atmosphere was pleasant and we had a nice waitstaff that was prompt and friendly.
We will definitely return. Thanks Brian : o )

P.S. Reservations are good idea if you are going on a weekend.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Sharon S
“Simple menu with amazing food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

It was a nice day out so we grabbed a table out in front of the restaurant. The waiter was friendly and always on top of things. I tend to like unique food and it looking at the menu nothing really jumped out at me. I ended up choosing the hangar steak with Parmesan Frites for my Entree. We also tried the sautéed Calimari as an appetizer. The Calimari was to die for! It had a very robust flavor and the black olives and tomatoes with it were a great blend. The Hangar steak was well prepared and the frites were fantastic. This definitely ranks as one of my favorites in Jax.

• Visited September 2013