“Best restaurant in Jax”
Review of Taverna

Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,090 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: European, Italian, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Boulevard
Description: Taverna draws inspiration from the simplicity and warmth of rustic Italian kitchens. Located in Jacksonville’s historic San Marco neighborhood, this rustic, yet sophisticated dining destination has earned many accolades since opening in 2009.
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Food is fresh, well prepared and consistent everytime. Service has come a long way in the last year. They can tell you at which table you sat, and who served you the last time you were there. The menu is simple and rustic prepared by a professional.

1  Thank mrsbrown68

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have been to Taverna three times - all visits were very good. I was impressed with the food AND the service was welcoming and efficient. I will be back.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

2 couples visited for dinner on Sat night. Had reservations and were seated promptly. Wine selection is good and so is beer ( Peroni plus local brews only). Appetizers were great- recommend "herb ricotta"- delicious. I had chicken ( half chicken not a breast) and panzanella salad. My husband had pasta with creamy tomato sauce and a mix of shrimp and chicken. The other couple both had salmon. Dessert- blueberry crumble. Overall- the appetizers were great, so were the desserts. The main courses were ok, solid, nothing special, though. I paid $105 for a dinner with 2 drinks plus tip. Atmosphere is rustic and simple.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great food. We had the Gazpacho which was great. The Patatas Bravas are just plain addictive!!!! The Scallops were so tasty I wanted more!!! Lol. It was a generous portion. The decor is nice. Calm and with rustic, albeit sophisticated at the same time. Good service!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

A few days ago, we were advised to have lunch at Taverna by a nearby store on San Marco blvd.
We found a relaxed athmosphere restaurant, and decided to have lunch on the terrasse.
My wife had a gaspacho bowl ($12) and I had a hamburger ($12). Both were good, if nothing exceptional. I have to say the french fries were crispy and good. My wife had a tangerine mimosa ($9). Our club sodas came free of charge.
We really enjoyed the relaxed, Floridan athmosphere of San Marco.
We will definitely come back.
N.B: I always check Health Dept inspection scoring, and I was kind of surprised to see this restaurant was issued a warning in 2011, and received 8 food citations in early 2012. Anyway, I just hope this is a temporary problem because I like the place. I will keep watching their scoring.