“Outstanding”
Review of Taverna

Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 2,096 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: European, Italian, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Boulevard
Description: Taverna draws inspiration from the simplicity and warmth of rustic Italian kitchens. Located in Jacksonville’s historic San Marco neighborhood, this rustic, yet sophisticated dining destination has earned many accolades since opening in 2009.
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Quite simply, if you are looking for a cool, relaxed place, with amazing food, prepared well, presented well and within the affordable range, this place is it. We started with some cheese and charcuterie, which was amazing, down to the very last detail, like truffle honey and candied nuts on the side. Our entrees and tapas-sized portions were very filling, excellently made and prepared to perfection. We got one of the cheaper bottles of wine (the wine list is good, but steeply priced) and it held up. Overall, great experience, even if the waiter did spill water on us a little (it happens). Highly suggested for food, decor, ambiance, the coolness factor and everything else.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Have been to Taverna a couple if times and both visits were definitely worth it. The service is great with the servers giving honest helpful recommendations. The food was delicious and the wine list is decent. We will be visiting again.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is a wonderful dining experience if you are in the Jacksonville area. A quiet, relaxing dining experience with delicious food. The wait staff are professional, respectful and attentive but not overly so. We started with an appetizer of meatballs (which we are very picky about) that were moist, tender and outstanding. I had the ricotta cheese spread on toast and it was light, flavorful and so good (I am attempting to recreate it this weekend). We split a artichoke salad that was tasty. Both of us had beef cheeks marinated in ale. Wonderfully tender and tasty. So happy with our food. They serve wood fired Neapolitan style pizzas, and other Mediterranean dishes. The waitress called a taxi as we requested and ran out to check when it arrived. Just a wonderful experience and we would recommend it highly.

1  Thank winelvr83
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My mom and I had lunch at Taverna and we had a great experience. I ordered a creative, fresh salad of baby greens, artichokes, green olives, almonds, and sauteed scallops topped with a fresh and tangy citrus viniagrette. My mom had a soup and salad combo which was also fantastic. Before we got our entrees, we started with a bowl of citrus marinaded olives, which are a must each time I go there.
The atmosphere is serene and stylish. I love the monochromatic decor. My mom is planning on returning to Taverna for her birthday dinner with dad. Taverna has a special that gives you $20 off of $50 or more of a dinner on Monday or Sunday night if you bring back your itemized receipt from another day.

1  Thank kramerbooks
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I grew up near here, and there is a constant turnover of restaurants in the San Marco area. I hope that Taverna lasts, because I'd like to visit again next time I'm there. The entrée salads were excellent. The variety on the menu was very good - but picky eaters may have a tough time finding "plain" food. The portions are generous. The service was pretty good - our waiter was a bit pretentious, but he kept us happy. They have a pizza oven and espresso, in addtion to wonderful Italian offerings. We went for lunch with family. I think it would be a great choice for a dinner date, as well. the only negative is that it was a bit pricey.