“Very good dinner!!”
Review of III Forks

III Forks
Reserve with OpenTable
III Forks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 2,048 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: JTB and Southside
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We took two of our customers here for dinner one night. We made quick reservations and was promptly seated. Only issue was we were put in a u shaped booth with a large column right in front of us. 4 grown large men should not be sitting in a booth when open tables are available. The appetizers were good but rather small for 4 people so I had to order more after the first order cam out. ( wasn't told they would be so small). We ordered filets which was cooked perfectly and split several sides. The place was busy for a Monday night, we spent quiet a bit that night but ate good. Overall it was a good experience.

There are newer reviews for III Forks

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went last night with my senior parents, wife and kids to celebrate their 54th wedding anniversary and our 17th anniversary. The atmosphere was great, lighting was pleasant and the service good but expected a MUCH better quality than what we were served. My Mom and I both ordered the Filet Mignon, 8oz for her and 12 oz. for me and while grilled to order were chewy and required significant elbow grease to cut, definitely frozen not fresh beef. I would have expected that at Golden Corral but not here. We ate at Copeland's just last Friday and had a much better filet there that cut like butter. My wife's Shrimp & Grits were not hot throughout and shrimp nothing special. As for the Lobster Macaroni, it was no capital Grille :-(, my favorite item there). I was the only one who had any and only saw 2 small pieces of lobster in a creamy not cheesy sauce with boxed not fresh boiled pasta. Dad said his bacon wrapped meatloaf was good but dry. The to-go containers they used were big supermarket foam meat trays with a dome lid that leaked the sauce that was on the spinach all over the bag and subsequently in the car interior. My mom said as I was helping her into the car "Now that we are out of earshot, it was no Ruth Chris". I agree and I am giving it 3 stars because our server was good, not so much on the food. I will overlook half fast service if the food is great but no amount of service can overcome half fast food especially for what we spent.

1  Thank EatsOutWayTooMuchTom
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We went for our 17th wedding anniversary and it did not disappoint..the seafood medley was delicious..husband had bone in ribeye and i had the bone in new york strip...both done very well. The 5 cheese potatoes were awesome but the lobster mac and cheese was not really cheesy, more creamy i guess..overall we had a wonderful evening and will definitely be back in the future

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Best steak in Jacksonville. Valet parking welcomes you. Nice bar area and several rooms for dining. USDA prime steaks cooked to perfection the several times that I have been. My favorite is the bone in filet. Bone in ribeye is a bit thin for me. Wait staff and cooks clearly know the temperatures, describe them and deliver them. Perfect medium rare. Tender, juicy cuts of beef. Choice of several types of cuts. Vegetables fresh and mashed potatoes excellent. Try the off the cob cream corn! Excellent service consistently.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I went to III Forks with a corporate group and the atmosphere is impressive. My son and I had a glass of Markham Merlot at the bar and with tax and tip the tab was $42.00. We were then seated for dinner and I had the New York Strip. I was expecting extra ordinary and that it wasn't. They need a new beef purveyor because they must be using the same one as Outback. As for service it too was average. Several at our table requested coffee with dessert and the server didn't respond until after a second request; long after dinner was finished.

My recommendation is that for the cost you can find much better elsewhere. I really wanted to like the place but instead I left very disappointed.