“Excellent steaks & attentive service”
Review of III Forks

III Forks
Reserve with OpenTable
III Forks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 2,117 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: JTB and Southside
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had my husband's birthday dinner at III Forks last night. I made reservations on Open Table and asked for a quiet table so we could have intimate conversation. When we arrived, a hostess took us immediately to our table - a comfortable booth looking out onto the dining room. Just before dinner, a hostess came and asked if we'd like our picture taken, we said yes and she later brought a print of the photo back to our table. A lovely gesture to remember a special night! Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. The wine list is a nice one with good selection of mid-price bottles. I had the small filet mignon (medium well) and my husband had the prime rib (medium rare) and both of us were pleased. However, I have to quibble with the salads and sides. I ordered the III Forks salad and the waiter said the dressing was a maple-raspberry viniagrette. However, the dressing was so cloyingly sweet that I couldn't eat the salad and had to send it back. The manager graciously brought out a new, undressed salad for me and both a viniagrette dressing as well as balsamic and olive oil. I chose the latter and the salad was fine. My husband enjoyed his Caesar salad, but was disappointed when they did not have the traditional anchovies. For dinner sides, we chose the spinach and asparagus. The spinach was delicious - fresh, hot and not too garlicky. However the asparagus came out on a dish that was covered with sliced almonds thrown on top. The almonds should have been toasted or sauteed, weren't - and didn't add anything. The dessert choices are all very heavy - cake, cheesecake, creme brulee. It would be nice if III Forks offered lighter choices such as fresh fruit, sorbet or gelato. Dinner for two with drinks, wine and dessert was around $200. I would definitely recommend III Forks for a special occasion but wish the corporate chef would re-think his/her selections for salads, sides and dessert. One last thing - there was a VERY large group across the dining room that was rudely noisy. We were thankful that we had a booth and were sitting next to one another so we could converse.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

If there is a down side to our visit it would be the service. It was not real bad, but not great. For a somewhat upscale restaurant I was expecting better service. It was our 30th anniversary and everyone that passed our table that worked there wished us a happy anniversary. They put a candle on our table and that is how everyone new it was our anniversary. That was a nice touch.
The food was the beast part of the night. I had Chilean Sea Bass which was very good! My wife had a filet which was also very good! We had a salad to start off with. They were big dinner salads and were cold and good. We split a side as they were big enough to share. We had five cheese potatoes. They were also good. Everything is ala-carte. Our bill was $99 and some change, before tip.
The atmosphere was very nice. They were other tables around, but we felt like we were able to talk with out everyone hearing us.
Over all we would definitely go back!

1  Thank MarknMar
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food was pretty good. However, the atmosphere and service was somewhat lacking compared to what you would expect from a top steak house. It took probably about 10 to 15 minutes for the waiter to show up at our table and another 10 minutes to take our drink order. About 10 minutes later, our drinks showed up. The bread somehow did not make it to our table either. New York Strip with the Oscar topping was quite good. In any case, if the choice is between Ruth Chris and III Forks, Ruth Chris would get the nod every time.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

When we moved to this area we chose III Forks for our anniversary dinner in 2011. We had an amazing dinner and we really liked the restaraunt. We loved that the staff was attentive and professional. I really loved the idea that the staff took our picture for our anniversary. This year we wanted to continue the tradition of III Forks for our Anniversary dinner but were sadly dissappointed. It seemed the staff was not as helpful. The food over all was very good. My husband had a wonderful steak and my swordfish was really good. However, the shrimp on our appetizer dish was awful, it tasted old,rancid. When my husband mentioned this to the waiter he seemed to not care and then when he asked us if our meals were ok he made an off hand comment "is your meal better than the shrimp?". He appeared rude and condescending. We mentioned the shrimp to make sure their kitchen was aware so as not to give it to other customers. There was no apology. The waiter just seemed to not care. When the manager walked by he just said "Happy Anniversary" and walked away(it was a drive by). We definetly did not feel the same as we did last year and we will definetly not be going back. There are too many good restaraunts in the area. We like to make our Anniversary dinner special and we expect than when we are paying $150 plus for a meal that it does not leave a bad taste in our mouth. The steak was good but the cost should also include good service.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

First of all, the location is appealing, valet parking, nice premises, trendy. Seems to be the perfect place to have a good dinner.
The service is good, even very good and quick. The Maitre d' and his waiters are coming quite often to check if everything is OK.
So, what can be wrong? Just what comes in the plate.
I had a lobster bisque, which obviously came directly from the microwave. The taste was good, but some parts were hot and others cold. A soup will cost you around $10.50.
Then my wife and I, we had scallops (around $26.50). Six of them come in your plate, and that's all. If you want some side vegetables, you'll have to pay an additional $8.50. Was it good? Yes, OK, but nothing special.
Additionally, we got some diner grade odors from the nearby kitchen.
What about the wine list? Some good wine, but with outrageous prices.
Overall, we left $172 for a dinner worth no more than half of it.
It all depends on your priorities. If you want to impress your party with premises or service, and price is not important, it may be your place. If you want to have a taste of cuisine, there are plenty of better places around in Jacksonville.