“College Graduation overnighter” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Savannah, Georgia
“College Graduation overnighter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed Friday night before Graduation. Check-in was easy and the front desk staff was super polite. Breakfast was exceptional, more to choose from than most. The lady that works breakfast is very helpful, accommodating and cheerful. We had a regular Queen room, very clean and I am very picky! We met family in the lobby where there is a comfortable place to sit and visit. The hotel is right off the interstate and close to a Cracker Barrel.

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor room. (226?) After reading some tips here, I believe the noise we kept hearing wa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank DisneyExplorer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Nice hotel, clean amenities, friendly staff. The hotel offers complementary breakfast, happy hour, indoor pool and decent exercise facility. Nearby strip mall walking distance to restaurants. Close proximity to Cecil Filed and interstate.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is very quite
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very happy with our stay. (5/2/14-5/5/14). Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Southern hospitality++!! Would stay here again in a heartbeat!
I thought breakfast was just cold cereal and donuts...nope, eggs, bacon, turkey sausage and more!!

Room Tip: We were a party of 4...2 were in room 126, a handicapped accessible room, 2 were in 224, 2 queen bed...
Green Features: I don't need clean sheets or towels everyday...go Fairfield!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank weathernut185
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff very welcoming and friendly. They remember us from visit to visit and do everything they can to make us feel welcome. Good breakfast and Tuesday night dinner.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank becki4881
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

One good thing about Fairfields ... they are solid and same. Front Desk service here at Jacksonville West was pleasant and efficient. Sleeping area and bathroom clean, plenty of towels, soaps, etc. A couple food options within easy walking distance as well! Up and down I-95 corridor, from Richmond to Jacksonville, we have experienced this kind of friendly service at the Fairfields. We'll be back - what better review than that could be given in the competitive world of hotels by highways!

Room Tip: No big suggestions ... we stay away from elevator and ice machine no matter where we stay.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FrancCAR
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Normally I have stayed at the Hampton Inn at the same exit on Chaffee Point Blvd. However, I feel that hotel is not keeping up to my standards of cleanliness, etc.
Therefore, I went back to my good ole faithful Marriott family and chose the Fairfield Inn & Suites. This hotel has plenty of parking, nice refreshing outdoor pool, business center, 24/7 coffee in lobby, including a nice hot full breakfast in the mornings. Breakfast: eggs (or even omelets sometimes), potatoes or sausage, various breads, oatmeal with toppings, cereals, danish or muffins, juices, and homemade waffles (do-it-yourself).
I am very pleased with my switch to this hotel for this stay and have put it in my favorites on my Marriott page for future stays. Traveling 1-2 weeks every month for the past 4.5 years, I have learned to rely on my own advice and keep a "favorites" list throughout the State of Florida for places/accommodations for my business travels. THANK YOU MARRIOTT!

Room Tip: High floors get less foot traffic if you are a light sleeper. I like to stay AWAY from the elevator...
Green Features: I appreciate the fact that if you can use your towel a 2nd time, to just leave it on the towel bar. If you prefer a fresh one each time and run out, just leave it on the floor and you will get replacements. This is a great feature to save water and electricity to clean them.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sue M
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My family spent one night here during spring break. This hotel was fairly maintained. The bed were hard and slept poorly. We all had a back aches when we got up. The breakfast was not very good. They had cereal and general breakfast food you find at these hotels EXCEPT there was NO fruit. The staff was not very professional as well. I would not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Wildflower619
FFISJaxGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
You indicated in your response that your bed and our breakfast were unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your or our own expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

David Smith