Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point
Ranked #28 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Raleigh NC
“Great stop over”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was a great hotel right off the highway. Rooms were clean and new and perfect. Pool was good for kids and wifi was great. Cracker Barrel down the road. Breakfast was not huge but had lots to offer. I was traveling alone with kids and I felt very safe here. Great stay.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here with my wife and 2 year old daughter. The hotel was very nice (probably the nicest Fairfield I've ever stayed in), and the staff is great. I will stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ATLNate
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This was just a stopover en route to Siesta Key. Lucky us arrived in time for the manager's reception - free beer, wine, and very nice food. I think it's a regular Tuesday night event. The mattress was deluxe. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. Very clean. Excellent, friendly staff. All in all, a fantastic value. I would stay again and would look for other Fairfield Inns for future trips.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Central nj
Reviewed April 17, 2012

In short I stayed at this property on our way down to the fort lauderdale area from nj.not knowing any info about this property I was blown away on the fantastic stay I had here.everybody was so nice,super clean and a great breakfast.what more could you ask for.I guess it's possible other guests run into problems with there stays but in my case this property is right there at the top of my list as a great hotel.thanks to all who made my stay great.Tim n

Room Tip: Go early for breakfast
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Swampscott, ma
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I am a Gold Marriott member and choose to stay at Marriott chains on our way to and from Florida annualy. However, after a 2 night stay at this new Inn I am becoming very disheartened in Fairfield Inns. Although the hotel was impeccably clean and the staff friendly there was not much more to say. We went to breakfast at 9:30 Sunday morning and there was almost nothing left and, upon asking, there was to be no replenishment. The night staff was friendly, but not very helpful or informative. We opted for a Hampton Inn, in No. Carolina, tonight and the staff, environment, and bedding is much better for the same price. We'll try again for sure..especially in light of the other reviews.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ffijax, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
First of all thank you so much for recognizing our clean property and friendly staff. I definitely would never want an experience at our hotel to dishearten you or your expectations of Marriott properties. It also gives me something extremely valuable to teach our team as we constantly strive to improve...that keeping a clean property and putting up a friendly front are not always enough. We need to and will always strive to make sure EVERY part of your stay exceeds what you have come to expect. I take full responsibility as well on the breakfast that Sunday morning. We had a large group come in unexpectedly Friday night that stayed through the weekend and by Sunday morning we had definitely run lower than I'd ever be comfortable with. Because of that weekend, we have changed the way we order to ensure you get everything you desire regardless of what else happens, unexpected or not. Hopefully in the future you will give us another chance, and we can show you how much we value your stay...every part of it.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This is a newer property which is well kept and convenient to the interstate and 295 loop. The rooms are well appointed and modern with great pillows.....the matresses a little too soft for bad backs, however. The rooms are soundproofed, so nice and quiet.
Average breakfast but most of the staff are nice. Apart from the front desk staff being less than professional eating while attending guests and having food and drink all over their work space, (not in MY hotel), it was a pleasant stay. Management just needs to tweak a few things.

• Stayed March 2012
ffijax, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback on our hotel. I would like to apologize for your experience at check-in as well. Although we definitely emphasize to our representatives to try to be out front at all times (even in the hours where they may not have relief), they have designated areas to eat and snack and I want to promise you that the front desk during our check-in process is not one of those areas. Please know that thanks to your response we have taken the initiative to clarify this to our entire team and hope that if we can earn another opportunity with you in the future we will definitely work to make you feel proud to call this your hotel.
Yorktown, VA
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is a new Fairfield Inn and is a very nice place to stay, whether on business or for pleasure. The night we were there, there was a free get-together before dinner with wine, beer and snacks. We were upgraded to a suite, which was very comfortable and roomy. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The cleanliness was top-notch.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple