“Disappointed in Marriott chains”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point
Ranked #27 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Swampscott, ma
“Disappointed in Marriott chains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I am a Gold Marriott member and choose to stay at Marriott chains on our way to and from Florida annualy. However, after a 2 night stay at this new Inn I am becoming very disheartened in Fairfield Inns. Although the hotel was impeccably clean and the staff friendly there was not much more to say. We went to breakfast at 9:30 Sunday morning and there was almost nothing left and, upon asking, there was to be no replenishment. The night staff was friendly, but not very helpful or informative. We opted for a Hampton Inn, in No. Carolina, tonight and the staff, environment, and bedding is much better for the same price. We'll try again for sure..especially in light of the other reviews.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ffijax, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
First of all thank you so much for recognizing our clean property and friendly staff. I definitely would never want an experience at our hotel to dishearten you or your expectations of Marriott properties. It also gives me something extremely valuable to teach our team as we constantly strive to improve...that keeping a clean property and putting up a friendly front are not always enough. We need to and will always strive to make sure EVERY part of your stay exceeds what you have come to expect. I take full responsibility as well on the breakfast that Sunday morning. We had a large group come in unexpectedly Friday night that stayed through the weekend and by Sunday morning we had definitely run lower than I'd ever be comfortable with. Because of that weekend, we have changed the way we order to ensure you get everything you desire regardless of what else happens, unexpected or not. Hopefully in the future you will give us another chance, and we can show you how much we value your stay...every part of it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

This is a newer property which is well kept and convenient to the interstate and 295 loop. The rooms are well appointed and modern with great pillows.....the matresses a little too soft for bad backs, however. The rooms are soundproofed, so nice and quiet.
Average breakfast but most of the staff are nice. Apart from the front desk staff being less than professional eating while attending guests and having food and drink all over their work space, (not in MY hotel), it was a pleasant stay. Management just needs to tweak a few things.

• Stayed March 2012
ffijax, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback on our hotel. I would like to apologize for your experience at check-in as well. Although we definitely emphasize to our representatives to try to be out front at all times (even in the hours where they may not have relief), they have designated areas to eat and snack and I want to promise you that the front desk during our check-in process is not one of those areas. Please know that thanks to your response we have taken the initiative to clarify this to our entire team and hope that if we can earn another opportunity with you in the future we will definitely work to make you feel proud to call this your hotel.
Yorktown, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is a new Fairfield Inn and is a very nice place to stay, whether on business or for pleasure. The night we were there, there was a free get-together before dinner with wine, beer and snacks. We were upgraded to a suite, which was very comfortable and roomy. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The cleanliness was top-notch.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CBW47
Portage, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

There needs to be an "above average" selection when reviewing. I had a quick stay here while traveling through the area. This was an above average property, but I don't feel comfortable giving it a "very good" considering value and competition nearby. Nice beds, newer and clean hotel, and a good and free breakfast.

One thing, FYI is the address did not show up on a recently updated Tom Tom GPS, not the hotel's fault.. It is located right off exit #351/highway 10. There is a Holiday Inn Express and Hampton in same area. Also, there is a Cracker Barrel right there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
ffijax, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thanks so much for your honest review of our property. As the new General Manager of this hotel, I not only want you to feel comfortable giving us a "very good" rating, I want you to feel as if that rating doesn't do us justice enough. If you have stayed at the other hotels in this area, I would love the opportunity to discuss with you what we could do to create a better value for you during your stay. From our Tuesday evening socials to our award winning staff, I promise you the desire to meet and exceed every one of our guest's expectations is always our greatest priority. If there's something we can and should be doing better, please contact me anytime to talk about it, and I hope you give us the opportunity to prove our worth to you again in the future.
Hoschton, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

This hotel is attractive from the outside, and it was certainly clean, but that is basically where the value ended. The front desk staff could barely manage a greeting and the carpeting in the common areas gave me vertigo everytime I looked at it (seriously). I don't know how the cleaning staff vacuums it without fainting.

The design in our king suite was very poor, as well. Somehow, they managed to design the room so everytime my husband would change the channel in the bedroom area, it would change the channel where I was watching tv in the living area. I suspect it had to do with mirror placement. Very strange, and quite annoying. However, it wasn't worth the aggravation of changing rooms as we only intended to be there for one night on this trip.

I haven't returned to the Fairfield since, but have spent less money for greater satisfaction at a nearby hotel when in the area. For my needs, the Fairfield proved to be of 1/3 greater expense, but little value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
As the new General Manager of this property, I would like to take a moment to apologize for any displeasure you experienced on your stay back in August. Although I know the colorful, modern decor of the new Marriott properties can't be aesthetically pleasing to everyone, there is never an excuse for anyone to walk through our front doors and not feel greeted warmly and attentively. I take great pride in our award-winning customer service and will spend each day reiterating to our staff how important it is to make a great impression and treat everyone as if they are entering a home away from home. Hopefully you will give us and/or other Fairfield Inns a try in the future, and I would always be here willing to speak to you about anything we could do better.
Oswego, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

As far as I am concerned, a couple of things make for a high rating of a hotel. One is staff and the other is the facility itself. During this stay both of these items failed with respects to the indoor whirlpool and the staff response to a reported problem. At 4:15 pm I reported that the whirlpool air injection system ( air compressor) was not working. The response from the staff was that " no one had reported any problem " and then " I will tell them ". I got the distinct feeling that I was either did not know what I was talking about or perhaps was being a bother. There was no can do attitude about restoring the equipment, no apology and certainly no follow-up. If these are missing from the staff that interacts with customers then I will not be a part of #1 rating. We drove out of our way to this hotel because it had an indoor pool and whirlpool and warranted the time and expense to come here. This may have been a less than stellar decision on my part. At 6:15 pm I again checked the failed equipment and nothing had changed. The great thing about Tripadvisor is that each and evereyone of us can voice his or her opinions.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmartibOswego_NY
ffijax, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
I want to apologized for the disconnect you felt during your stay here at our hotel. I can assure you that we take every problem here seriously and definitely are looking int o the problem you experienced to get it fixed not only for any future stay you may have but also for our other guests staying at this hotel. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience so we can address it. We truly feel it is an honor to be ranked number one on Trip Advisor and are doing everything we can to maintain that ranking. Please accept my apologies that we did not show that number one feeling to you during your stay. If I can be of further assistance to you, please give me a call.
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

We were in the area for the air show at NAS Jacksonville. The hotel was very clean and modern The staff was very friendly. The bed was amazing comfortable. My favorite part of our stay was the breakfast bar. The breakfast manager does a fantastic job of helping each and everyone there. I would definitively want to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cecil Field Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee
Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
#1 of 2 in Baldwin

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point? Share your experiences!