“Craving Mexican in the downtown area?”
Review of Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo
Ranked #1,298 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 8, 2013

While in town for a conference, my friend and I had a craving for Mexican food. Not being able to get very far, we walked to the Landing from our hotel. Cinco de Mayo is a restaurant within the complex.

We decided to eat outside since the weather was nice. She ordered fish tacos, and I ordered a pina colada and shrimp nachos. We had the traditional chips and salsa. The chips were different; I can't put my finger on it. Was it the oil they used? Were the chips thicker than what I've had in Kansas/Missouri? They were edible, and we ate them up. I did not use the salsa (gives me heartburn) but my friend said it was good.

When the food came out, it was hot and beautiful! She had tons of fish in her fish tacos...so much that they fell out while she was eating it. They also served beans and rice with it, along with stuff to dress the taco with (tomatoes, lettuce, cheese.)

My shrimp tacos were da bomb! The shrimp were quite large and the taste was phenomenal. The melty cheese to the peppers and onions....I was tempted to order one to go and eat it later!

Our waiter was nice and promptly refilled out glasses of soda pop and water. It did not take too long to get our food.

So if you're downtown and cannot get away from the area for long periods of time, this would be a good place to go when you're craving Mexican cuisine.

There are newer reviews for Cinco de Mayo

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was ok. Chips were a little greasy and the silverware was only marginally clean. My chimichanga was pretty good, could have been crispier and/or the chicken filling and salad on top could have been drier.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

What a fun restaurant that has everything - strong drinks, good food and a nice view. We had two dishes, one with ground beef and on with shredded chicken. The meat was so flavorful and tasty. This was just a solid restaurant. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went to the new Cinco de Mayo on Atlantic Blvd. for lunch. I had the Speedy Gonzales which was done very well. A friend had the Quesadilla and said it was very good. Also the taco salad went over very well. Prices are reasonable. A pleasant surprise when the bill came was that the Speedy Gonzales was on special for $3.98 that day! Such a deal! Will go back again.

1  Thank NanaNita
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Lynn and I decided to eat at Cinco de Mayo in the Jacksonville Landing recently. I was attending a conference at the nearby Hyatt Regency Hotel. Someone said that Cinco de Mayo was the best authentic Mexican food that they had ever had. Unfortunately, we didn't agree. We arrived just before 5 PM and were seated at a very tight booth. Now, neither of us are really that big! We were moved to a table...much better. I ordered a burrito, enchilada and tamale combination. It was warm, not hot...and only okay. Lynn ordered carne asada. She always orders medium rare. The meat came out overcooked. She didn't like her entrée at all! Fortunately, this was the only time that we have been in this area in many years and we probably won't be returning anytime soon. And, we won't be eating at Cinco de Mayo.