“Convenient in the Landing - Food Only Okay”
Review of Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo
Ranked #1,331 of 2,001 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Safety Harbor, Florida
“Convenient in the Landing - Food Only Okay”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Lynn and I decided to eat at Cinco de Mayo in the Jacksonville Landing recently. I was attending a conference at the nearby Hyatt Regency Hotel. Someone said that Cinco de Mayo was the best authentic Mexican food that they had ever had. Unfortunately, we didn't agree. We arrived just before 5 PM and were seated at a very tight booth. Now, neither of us are really that big! We were moved to a table...much better. I ordered a burrito, enchilada and tamale combination. It was warm, not hot...and only okay. Lynn ordered carne asada. She always orders medium rare. The meat came out overcooked. She didn't like her entrée at all! Fortunately, this was the only time that we have been in this area in many years and we probably won't be returning anytime soon. And, we won't be eating at Cinco de Mayo.

• Visited March 2013

Miss
“Great resturant!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We ate there on Dec 22. It is located in Jacksonville Landing. We loved it. My kids liked it too. The staff was attentive. Our table was able to face the water so we had a lovely view. The salsa was great and we loved the queso dip! We would go back.

Visited December 2012
Rockledge, Florida
“Terrible.”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Ice tea tasted like soap. Chorizo was very bland. Once food was delivered, waiter never came back. Had to yell across the room to get the check. They were too busy watching tv. Not impressed. I could have made better @ home.

Thomasville, Georgia
“Not that impressed”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The location was great being at the Landing. I was not that impressed with this restaurant. The service was mediocre and the chicken nachos were just OK. The waitress did not check to see if we needed anything else. We asked for more tortillas chips for our salsa. It took at least 15 minutes to get them. They were not that busy considering the weekend and the time of day.

Visited September 2012
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“They have PORK in their vegetarian menu items”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I'm calling out this place for having a vegetarian menu and cooking their beans in "pork oil". The waiter actually said "pork oil" and then said "It is what it is." They were lucky I didn't tear the place apart before I left there.

• Visited July 2012