“Great Mexican Appetizer and Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cinco de Mayo
Ranked #1,307 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,102 helpful votes
“Great Mexican Appetizer and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

We were on our way to see a show at the Performing Arts Theatre and decided to stop in for some wine and appetizer. We ordered the beef nachos which were served quickly and hot and were covered with a large quantity of meat and cheese. Both my wife and I were very pleased with it and could have easily made a full meal out of the appetizer.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank RLWOrangePark

Greenville, South Carolina
“Bland”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We ate lunch here in Feb. Tacos were chicken, cheese, lettuce. Boring food.

Visited February 2012
Norfolk, Virginia
“Pretty Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Finally I have actually managed to get my kids to eat something besides McDonalds. The kids weren't too impressed. I enjoyed the food. I thought it was a little too much sauce but overall I would say it was excellent!!! Good job!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Not authentic and not so good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Was the last reviewer joking. I hope so. A burger and fries at Hooters a couple of doors up is more authentic. I have to start by saying that since I live in Southern California I am spoilt for choice when it comes to Mexican food. Positve; The waitress was very courteous and efficient but that is where it ends. My imported Dos Equis was presented in a plastic mug. My brain skipped back to my all you can drink pub days as a young lad. Where you paid $20 and the establishment handed you a plastic mug and you got totally inebriated. Beer should never be served in a plastic mug. (What would the Dos Equis, most interesting man in the world say.) I am sure it would not be good. The standard Mexican restaurant corn chips were delivered with a salsa that looked and tasted as if it had been freshly poured from a supermarket chain bottle. Spicy, not the good kind. The processed heartburn cheap kind. We both ordered off the lunch specials menu. The beans were definitely from a can but not bad. I got a beef enchilada and Beef taco combo. The beef was ground mince, very fatty and absolutely tasteless. The taco had a little bit of lettuce and a bit of cheese. I make better tacos at home with a pack you buy at the supermarket. The sauce on the enchilada was also pretty tasteless. All in all pretty average and the heartburn wasn't fun. I rate this place as, 'Give it a miss, your better off skipping lunch.'

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Royal Oak, MI
“Authentic mexican!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

Great food,drinks,service & price. As authentic as it gets without going to Mexico. I would come back again!