“So much nicer than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville

Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville
Ranked #34 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
West Columbia, South Carolina
“So much nicer than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Based upon a sampling of recent reviews, we hesitated to make a reservation here, but it looked like the most convenient and affordable location for us. We stayed on a Monday and a Friday night during one week and had spacious, clean rooms both times. We could hear almost no road noise. Bathrooms were spacious. Having a digital thermostat to regulate the A/C was a welcome change from the other places we had stayed recently. It enabled us to fine-tune the comfort level. The selection of restaurants within a few miles suited us just fine, as we were not looking for gourmet-level food. We never sensed any "sketchiness" with this location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
BestChoiceHotel, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, April 28, 2015
Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to prove our worthiness! We are so excite that you are another one of our satisfied guest!

Asst GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This particular hotel made me feel at home. After such a horrible experience the night prior at a very nasty and scary 'hotel', the staff at Sleep Inn made all the difference. Manager, Mia Preston, was absolutely amazing and very compassionate! She treated us as if she had known us for years and as if we were repeated costumers of her establishment! We got our room and boy was it clean!!! I use to do housekeeping for a short time and have ocd so I know clean when I see it! all of the staff here take pride in their establishment. Honestly, I think this hotel is by far the best one my husband and I have stayed in during the 2 weeks I've been with him. The Ramada in Temple Terrace Fl is 2nd in the running! from the cleanliness to to the staff outstanding all the way around!! There are a few places to eat nearby that are in walking distance. The Corner Deli across the street has amazing cheese burgers!!! Sitting outside at night was fine, there is plenty of lighting and truthfully, you wouldn't even get nervous! Trust me, I'm terrified of everything!!!! If you are in this are, I totally suggest staying at least one night!!! It worth it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thats what we do here, care for our guest! Thanks so much for your encouraging feedback and know that we are always here to help any way we can!

Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The surrounding area is questionable at best, but that is not a knock on the people that work there. Everything was clean from the front doors to my room. The room was large and always clean. Breakfast was good not great, could use a little bit more variety and quality. Overall I was very pleased with my stay and would stay again if need be.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks so much for your feedback!

Anniston, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Like the Hotel just need alittle work on somethings I thank when you come in the need more handcap parking in they front I thank the nned to give the guest a ticket to put in there window so they know who is staying there and who is not They Help there is very nice I wood stay there agine this time I was alittle let down when I came all the way from Anniston Alabama WATCH IS 445 Miles from home to find my room they bath room was not clean that great and when i went to they pool it was not clean no towels when the sead they wood be But like i sead i wood stay agine

Room Tip: the lower leavel rooms are best
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
All of the surrounding parking is located with a sign for our Sleep Inn Parking and guest. We will definitely look into the other comments and make sure your second stay is a great one like the other 94% of our satisfied guest. Call and ask for Mia (me) directly and I'll make sure your room gets extra treatment!

Bucknell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I use Choice Hotels a lot. Normally Good Clean Rooms and good staff

This time it felt a bit downmarket from previous stay. Rooms still clean and large enough and breakfast was adequate.

Service was poor and I allowed for the girl at reception who has health problems. The guys were sloppy and parking is limited.

The lift is so slow and sums up the hotel.

Buck up your ideas and it could be rated as very good. This time just average. A pity

Room Tip: Insist on non smoking room. I had a smoking room as that was all that was available and it whiffed
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
Sorry to hear that we lost temporarily lost your interest in our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and even though I don't really understand what was so bad besides the "lift". Which I assume your referring to the elevator being slow? Glad to hear that you do still see that are rooms are still clean, large and breakfast was good! Since this date though we do have new team mates and are always striving for continued excellence.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

More than one bug in the room, walls were dirty. Bathroom had stray hairs, and just seemed poorly cleaned and the non-smoking room had cigarette burns in the couch ... However , the bed it's self seemed very clean. It's just the rest of the room... Also in an area I as a female wouldn't go alone especially with my two very young children. Not the worst area, but definitely not somewhere I'm comfortable in. The service, however was great.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
BestChoiceHotel, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
This guest did not inform us of any such complaints. I did however go inspect that room and the room is clean (saw no bugs at all). Minor issues are of 1 small burn on the couch (which happens when traveler's break rules) However, the couch is still in great condition. In addition, to a minor spill of coffee on the wall by the trash can where a guest threw a drink. (Which is now cleaned and brought to housekeepers attention). The area is not as bad as everyone assumes and we have several repeat guest that feel very safe with us. We here have had no problems any different than any hotel you travel too, (considering we are a 2-1/2 star brand hotel (not a 5 star). Stars do not count as customer ratings, yet as for amenities allowed, rates & extra services provided. Tourist (*), Standard (**), Comfort (***), First Class (****) and Luxury (*****). Thank you for the input, we strive to excel better by travelers suggestion. We do apologize for the inconvenience towards this guest and we know we can not make everyone happy.
swansboro, north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is right off 295 and 10-The perfect place to stop during a trip. Easy on and off. I was a bit concerned when I pulled into the parking lot. It's located behind a convenience store. Very nice front desk staff-check in a breeze-got the room I requested-great nights sleep in a comfortable bed and clean room. I always sleep with the fan on the unit so noise was not a problem. I noticed the Hallway and room had a fresh scent to it. Can't say one negative thing about this hotel or stay. Keep doing what you're doing! This was my first time at a Sleep Inn-if all the others follow suit-it won't be my last.

Room Tip: Requested upper floor away from elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your honest opinion!!! We are honored to know that our guest are happy with their experience, rather than missing out, based off of assumptions!! Travel safe and we hope to see you again! The door is always open for you and your family!!