“Over Priced”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I agree with the other review that the meals are overpriced. The owner is a wonderful man who is very sweet, he made the night almost worth it. The food was just ok, I have had better.The Cannolli (sp?) was good but they were almost $6.00 a piece. For a dinner experience that was just OK the price was way too high.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Great experience with the owner Claudio..we really enjoyed his attention and suggestions, he made great selections for me on wine and food, genuinely wanted to make my dining experience a great one, food authentic and very very great ( the home made black pasta is fantastic ). We were WOWED with the food and the restaurant is immaculately cleaned and as a restaurant manager myself I sincerely appreciated their attention to detailed cleanliness. We will definitely return many times !!!

9  Thank Lallala71
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We had a large party there and only one person liked the food. For the price, you get small amounts which is un-Italian. for a $6 salad, you get a paltry amount of limp lettuce and miniscule other stuff..it was more of a small (should be free) side salad. The white sauce was overly salty, the pasta provided was paltry too. Most disappointing was the calamari which was thickly breaded and looked like it came from a frozen box as there were no tentacles, only the round bodies.....authentic my *****??!!

1  Thank romavf1
Reviewed January 12, 2011

The best Italian in Jacksonville. If you like authentic Italian, Mamma Lucia is the perfect place for you. This is real Italian -- even my 93-year-old Italian grandmother LOVED it. Claudio and Lucio will always recommend new dishes and serve up the most amazing desserts. This is Italian just like I used to eat in New Jersey and New York! If you are looking for real, AMAZING italian food, Mamma Lucia is the place to eat.

6  Thank mguges
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Nice little place, good food and service. The owner and his wife have moved here from Milan, Italy. They make all their own food from scratch. The pasta is homemade. Nothing is frozen or out of a can. I studied in Italy for a few years so I know a bit about Italian food. This place is the best I have had in Jax. It is real authentic Italian food with a charming host. It is located in a trip mall which takes away a bit from its atmosphere but I highly recommend the food.

2  Thank maria12542