“Better BBQ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mojo Bar-B-Que

Mojo Bar-B-Que
Ranked #121 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Better BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Being a Carolina boy who has lived in the First Coast area for over 30 years, I miss what I consider 'real' barbeque. I had tried Mojo BBQ at Jax Beach a couple years back but yesterday got around to having lunch at the university Blvd location. Now I know where my future BBQ cravings will be satisfied!

I had the NC Pork lunch special which was more than enough food for lunch. I loved the vinegar-based sauce/seasoning for the pork and my sides (collard greens and hand-cut fries) were great. My three lunch companions all raved about the mashed sweet potato side.

Service was prompt, friendly, and attentive. If you have not tried Mojo's, you should.

• Visited May 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
“It Was Okay...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Like a lot of things around Jax Beach, this falls into some of the "hype" for awesome things to eat in Jacksonville. The food was okay, but it was just some average BBQ for me. I prefer Bono's, honestly. Also when we went, our server didn't pay much attention to our table. She seemed more concerned with talking to other employees/friends than checking up on us.

Visited February 2013
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Visited due to Trip Adviaor recommendation and was not disappointed. My mom and I both got combination plates so we were able to taste 4 different meats. All were tender, moist, and flavorful. The macaroni and cheese and collard greens were delicious. The onion rings were average and somewhat overpriced. Overall, we would visit again.

1 Thank Chels0722
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good food if you are looking for BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I loved the look and overall atmosphere of the place. It comes off as a good hometown barbecue place. We ordered the sampler platter, and everything was good but I would not put it in the excellent category. They offered a nice variety of barbecue sauces to suit different tastes from all over the barbecue gamut. Overall if you're looking for barbecue in Jacksonville I would recommend it as a good choice.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Keith J
Jacksonville, Florida
“Too loud to talk”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food is fine. The acoustics are horrible. If you want to have a conversation, you are not going to be able to hear someone across the table from you.

Visited September 2012