“I don't feel MOJOs is a welcoming environment for special needs children.”
Review of Mojo Bar-B-Que

Mojo Bar-B-Que
Ranked #118 of 2,026 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
“I don't feel MOJOs is a welcoming environment for special needs children.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Had diner at MOJOs a couple weeks ago it was great food and services so we decided to go again last night but this time we were treated like a freak show who was not welcomed. While waitin for our food my daughter who has autism became fussy but not terribly so I calmed her best I could as we waited the island table next to us was seated with a party of five who kept staring at her like she was an animal at the zoo so I politely let them know that I was sorry and she had autism the man snarled and told me to take her outside in the cold and rain! Needless to say I got our food to go i was never introduced to a managers or told I could stay if I'd like or I was welcome there nothing our waitress the only one of 4 waitresses to pass us that would help us from the start and she happened to be the one who helped us last time too she was cool and apologized but the manager walked up BEHIND me while this chick bumpin her gums but as soon as I went to speak she told me I needed to calm down and chill out as if I was up and over at their table not the other way around never once did she say she was a manager or what's goin on can I help y'all nothing the entire time so sad because the good was great but ill never go back I am a waitress and I would never allow anyone to disrespect my customer in suck a manor to be honest I believe my kids being mixed had a lot to do with it but never again will I go back and allow them to make my daughter or me feel like we are any less than the next person

2 Thank Proudsinglemom

florida
“Great food”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We tried this place b/c of the reviews on tripadvisor, glad we did. The food was great. Best ribs my hubby ever had. I had the chicken and turkey which was really good. The onion rings were huge and very tasty! Glad we went, will be back next time we are in town!

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went and got the "whole hog" as a family meal, it was delicious! The salad was great it had home-made croutons. The ribs were finger licking good and the side dishes were wonderful also. We will be back.

• Visited January 2013
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“Average food with average service.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Disappointed with the food and service. The portion size for the whole Hawg was the only thing above average. The server forgot to bring straws, then he forgot to bring cutlery, then he forgot to bring the correct change.... luckily he was a pleasant fellow at the end of a long day. The bbq meat was tasty with the right sauces. The cajun shrimp on the salad was the best part of the meal though. My daughter did enjoy the side of mac and cheese.

Washington DC
“Not excellent, but definitely very good”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Fun atmosphere, plenty of people enjoying good food. I got platter with brisket, which was great, and turkey, which was just okay. The server recommended the turkey, but I should have known not to get turkey at a BBQ place. Sweet potato and corn sides were great. Would definitely return.