“great place for great food”

Casa Dora Italian Cafe
Ranked #154 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casa Dora Italian Restaurant is located in Downtown Jacksonville on East Forsyth Street next to the Florida Theatre. You can find the owner Chef Sam Hassan and the store manager Freddie in the restaurant each day. They have been cooking homemade Italian food with love and care since 1976. Stop by and try some of Casa Dora's delicious food and see why 'Homemade is Better.'
Reviewed March 29, 2013

freddy will always make you feel at home, good food, amazing pizza and meat pies, cozy italian restaurant.. not too far from hotels and right next door to florida theater. good place to grab a bite before and after a show

There are newer reviews for Casa Dora Italian Cafe

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this little gem on a Thursday afternoon. After arriving in Jacksonville from out of town, we set out on foot for a quick place to fill our bellies. From the friendly owner to the delicious food, this place can't be beat. The lunch specials are such a fantastic value that we came back again the next day. Two things to point out...the bread (oh my goodness, that bread) and the cheesecake. Both are made on the premises and are what dreams are made of. Do yourself a favor and check this place out.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been walking past Casa Dora for some time. I finally stopped to have lunch and it exceeded all my expectations. I had the chicken tortellini and chicken parmesan. Very reasonably priced, fast, and very tasty. I could tell there were so many repeat customers since they were all joking with the owner. The place is small and the dark windows make it hard to peer in. But just walk in and see the entrees being served across the cafeteria style counter. Grab a tray and go for the tortellini and chicken parm.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had dinner here with 3 mother/daughter pairs after watching the US Women's Soccer Team play at Everbank Field. Staying at the Hyatt up the road and needed a walkable dinner option. Also wanted to stay away from the chains. THIS RESTAURANT WAS PERFECT! Clearly a neighborhood hangout but we were made to feel at home. The owner himself greeted us at the door, seated us at a perfect round table-for-six in the corner where we could sit, chat, enjoy a bottle of wine, and yummy food. Nothing fancy, but exactly what we were looking for, real food to cap off a fun day.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is the first time I have ever written a negative review for a restaurant, but I feel that the terrible rudeness of the owner/manager cannot go unnoticed. I can't begin to describe how unfriendly this man is and how disrespectful he is to his customers and even his own staff. I will never be going to this restaurant again.