“Great food, great personality!”

Casa Dora Italian Cafe
Ranked #108 of 2,151 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casa Dora Italian Restaurant is located in Downtown Jacksonville on East Forsyth Street next to the Florida Theatre. You can find the owner Chef Sam Hassan and the store manager Freddie in the restaurant each day. They have been cooking homemade Italian food with love and care since 1976. Stop by and try some of Casa Dora's delicious food and see why 'Homemade is Better.'
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Stumbled upon Casa Dora while in Jacksonville for work. Food was wonderful (bread w/ meal was decadent) and the staff was so much fun! Small and friendly restaurant - the whole evening was great! I had to pack up half the meal and it was great warmed up the next day. If I lived in Jacksonville, I would be eating there all the time!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

The restaurant is set up like a cafeteria for lunch. I tried the veal cacciatore and veggie pizza. The veal cacciatore was $9+ and had 3 quarter sized pieces of veal in it. The taste was average at best. The veggie pizza was $2.95 a slice and was unremarkable. The only parking nearby is a by parking meter or a metered parking lot.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is a cozy, quaint restaurant that is right around the corner from the Florida Theater. We went to a concert and ate here before the show. We loved the ambiance - it's an older building - and the staff and crowd that came in before the show. Our food was delicious. We had grouper with pasta and a salad. The grouper was 18.00 and the small salad was extra. However, there were no prices displayed on this buffet-style ordering so we had no idea what our meal was going to cost us. And while they did have several very tasty-looking pasta dishes, they also had a selection of pizzas that could be ordered by the slice and these were very reasonable. Alcohol is served. There isn't a large selection. For a before theater bite, it was very good. I would just like to see prices clearly displayed. We would go back.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Went for dinner tonight and after a wait, a waitress brought me a menu and a glass of water. After I ordered the Chicken Tortellini Alfredo, I had another long wait for the food. The original waitress never returned, the owner took my order for dinner, but never asked about a drink, etc. There were a total of three occupied tables in the restaurant. After a good 30 minute wait, someone else approached my table and asked what I was waiting for. After discussion in the kitchen, my meal arrived 45 minutes after I orginally ordered. Service was poor, the food okay but the prices are reasonable. Will not return takes to long to be waited on and served!

1  Thank Toni1105
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Took my family out tonight to Casa Dora. Everyone from age 6 to 70 really enjoyed. Freddie was our server what a delight. I had a grouper dish, one of my favorite meals ever.