“Good for all class runners and walkers”
Review of GATE River Run

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #67 of 176 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: 15-K running course, can start along AllTel Stadium or at north end of Main Street Bridge.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I'm an amputee, having lost my left leg 7 years ago. I was a runner before losing my leg but was hesitant to run this large River Run after. Last year (2012) my Prosthetist decided to get a few amputees together to run this race. I ran with the small group. It was the a wonderful experience! I came back to run it this year (2013) with yet a larger group of amputees. Not only did I enjoy our group but also so many of the runners were so supportive, cheering us on, as well as spectators. I also talked with many walkers who had cancer, heart issues etc.. so many stories of over coming and fighting through so many medical struggles. Come out and be inspired!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Well this is Jax's PREMIER running event and I was not too impressed. It is very large and full of stuff like live bands, friendly crowds and nice expo, But that is not what running is about, at least not for me. The roads are awful and rough, people stopping without warning, huge crowds TRYING to run and well, truly AWFUL photos.
The best part was running the Hart bridge, not sure why everyone whines about it so much. It's just another bridge, but if you run on the flat all year, I guess you would be impressed.

2  Thank Susan S
Reviewed June 28, 2013

What's not fun about running a 5K where a city comes out to cheer on the runners in droves?!?! People host bloody mary parties and invite the runners to stop by. Great event in a great city!

2  Thank ClemsonShannon
Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you like running in crowds, this is the event for you. The scenery in the San Marco portion of the run makes the event worth running in crowds. It never fails that there will be self entitled runners that think its ok to run while pushing a stroller and creating a safety hazard for all the other runners.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Do you love races? This race is amazing. My family ran it for years and I could not understand why anyone would want to run 9 miles on a Saturday morning... OMG! I did my first in 2006 and everyone since. The city, the fans, It is a qualifier. Looking for a race??? This is sooo much fun!