“Comfy, but loud surroundings”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #16 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
ohhector
“Comfy, but loud surroundings”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Warning: there is a train track a block away, and the train is VERY loud and sounds its horn for a very long time as it passes by. Also, if your room is facing north or west, there is a club across the street that is blaring "urban" music that is audible in your rooms if trying to sleep (this happened on Thurs-Sat nights, not sure if it also happens during the week).

If this is not an issue, than this is a great hotel. Comfortable rooms, great decor, nice gym. Front desk service was very cordial.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing south or east to avoid the loud music played at the club across the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Ohhector,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers to the Jacksonville area. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and am sorry for the noise you experienced from our ever growing city. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you here in the future!

David Shoshan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Would recommend to others. Third time I have stayed here, it seems as though the higher in points you are in the HH program, the nicer the room you get for the same price. All of the rooms are decent enough, but size and roominess varies.

Room Tip: Traffic noise an issue.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ReeceC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We truly appreciate your business, and are excited you have been able to enjoy your Hilton Honors benefits. Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you here in the future.

Vestavia Hills, Alabama
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here and had a great experience up until the next morning. I typically stay 75-100 nights a year in Hilton branded hotels so I would say I have a little experience. The room service was good, the room was clean but the shower head is one of the ridiculous "green" shower heads you have to dance around under.

The manager emailed me asking about my stay (random I am sure) so I told him how terrible it was. His response, "We...look forward to seeing you in the future." Really - did you even read my email?? It is apparent that he either (a) doesn't care or (b) doesn't get it. Both are bad.

I suspect I won't be back, so be warned ahead of time. If you plan to take a shower plan on being unhappy or stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear John79g,

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and regret that we fell short of offering you a great service experience. I can assure you we value all our guests' feedback and never want them to have an unsatisfactory stay. I will be in contact with you shortly and sincerely hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again.

Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great hotel. Excellently located close to I-95. Private, secure parking. Beautiful lobby. Very professional staff. The room was great. Was especially impressed with the Bath & Body Works products. Large room with a work area and comfortable chair.

Room Tip: Our room looked out over the highway. We were up on like the 7th floor so it didn't bother us...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing you experience on Tripadvisor! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel! We look forward to seeing you at the hotel in the future.

Chicago
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I will keep this review short and to the point. Nice hotel which is attached to a Homewood Suites in the Southern area of downtown Jacksonville and not too far off of I-95. Not necessarily easy to get to, however, not too difficult either. Be alert and look for the Homewood Suites building as the Hilton Garden Inn has substandard ground signage and can easily be passed.

The lobby is clean. The front desk person did not acknowledge my Hilton Diamond status at all during check-in, which was a bit of a turn-off which certainly reflected upon the remainder of my stay. The hotel was extremely noisy with some sort of kids group which was seemingly unchaperoned, as they ran up and down the corridors throughout the night. This is not the hotel's issue, however, there did not seem to be any hotel staff walking the hallways to prevent such actions. The bar and restaurant open at 5pm and the bar promptly closes at 10pm. The service was ok at the bar as it was staffed by a young blonde man who appeared to not want to be there as there was no sign of friendliness whatsoever. Food was average taste though there were some items which they were out of, which was surprising to me since I was there on a Friday and Saturday and one would think the Director of Food and Beverage would make sure ample supply was on-hand.

The room was very nice, the TV channels were sufficient, though some were not available due to what appeared to be a signal issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is in a nice location ..close to downtown and the quaint San Marco area. Rooms and lobby are clean. Staff very accommodating. Breakfast buffet is expensive, but have ability to order ala carte. Did not like the coffee at all, Downside is the nightclub across the street starts blasting the music until quite late. I mean heart-thumping LOUD. Front desk is aware of this, but can do little to help

Room Tip: Away from the side where there's a nightclub
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am truly sorry to hear about the noise issue you experienced while staying at the hotel. We know how important it is to have a restful stay, so we are truly sorry. I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the hotel, and the service we provided. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The manager, Mark, who checked us in was super nice.
Hotel room was very clean and very comfortable. Lobby was clean, even the lobby bathrooms were clean. Breakfast was so good and the servers were really helpful and nice. We would definitely recommend this hotel and when we come back to Jacksonville, Hilton Garden Inn will be where we stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for sharing you experience! We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you again for your nice comments.....