Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Gator Lodge(Jacksonville)
View Hotel
All reviewsparking garagebearded pigsan marcoclose to downtowngreat hotelper daythe hotel staffbreakfast buffetstay there againbusiness tripthe hotel is cleanfitness centerstaff was friendlyenjoyed my stayeasy accesshgilobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Traveled for business and had a very nice stay. We were there for four days and had several rooms. The staff was very accommodating and the property was clean.

The location is very good, but the restaurants and bars that are within walking distance are on the edge of "walking distance." The restaurant/bar area in the hotel is nice, but closes at 10 p.m. Seemed strange given how large the area was and how well stocked the bar seemed to be.

Also, there is a biker bar across the street which caused some noise on our last two nights. They got quiet around 12:30 a.m., and the rest of the evening was uneventful.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the parking garage to avoid noise from the bars. You'll lose the view of the downtown skyline, but you'll get uninterrupted sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank eightonesix
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear eightonesix,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate you staying with is and understanding about our noisy neighbors. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My recent stay at this Hilton property was for business in the Jacksonville area. When I checked in I was told that I was the "guest of the day". That was a nice treat...I got a free breakfast, and a free snack and beverage from their Pantry. The only meal I ate there was in the morning and it was a standard buffet, with made to order omelet, which was very well done. When I return to this area for business, I will stay here again. The bedroom and bathroom were clean and well appointed. The bathroom had a new glass doored shower, which I really like better than the shower/tub with shower curtain. I am hoping that this is something the Hilton company is changing out in more of their hotels. They have a nice pool area which is in a courtyard and well protected.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side over look the interstate, but I could not hear trafffic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Ms. Kathy,

I am so excited to hear that you were chosen as our guest of the day during your visit last month. We are so happy to hear that you had a enjoyable stay and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville is a standard Hilton Garden Inn. Nice, clean accomodations, nothing fancy but comfortable. When we arrived there was no one at the front desk. We waited for almost 5 minutes when the front desk clerk finally showed up. She greated us nicely but she did not apologize for the wait. It seems to me that if your front desk person is going to be away there should be a sign saying they will return soon, makes happy customers.

The service picked up when we returned later in the day to visit the bar and met Megan. Very nice young lady who took very good care of us. The service was very good even when she got busy. The hotel is in a business district so there is not much around as far as restaurants or bars. For the first time at a Hilton Garden Inn we paid for parking. Other than that there is not much to say about the hotel, clean accomodations, good service at the bar, fix the front desk thing and you have a great hotel. Actually the front desk clerk has good customer service, just make sure you indicate when you will return if you have to leave the desk. Another staffing issue, I sense a pattern forming for this trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Pamela-and-Greg,

Thank your for your review about our hotel! I am sorry to hear that it took so long for our front desk agent to make inital contact. I have spoken with our Front Desk Manager about better ways to monitor the desk so it doesn't happen again in the future. I am glad to hear that Megan at our bar helped turn things around.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed for 4 days to celebrate my anniversary. This hotel is first class. They acknowledged my anniversary at check-in. Thanks to the staff for an upgrade to a presidential suite. Magnificent room. The bed was one of the best ever with the ability to adjust the firmness. The shower!!! 6 shower heads, perfect temperature. Location is prime for downtown. Very close to the Jacksonville Landing. Easy access to the interstate also. Want to thank Ms. Rosa for her help with an item I left. She took it upon herself to retrieve my item and see to it that we got it back. Ms. Rosa rocks!!!!! There is a night club near but it was only loud Friday might and about 12am it was over. So it was cool with us. Great stay!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank GeorgiaTravelingman

Dear GeorgiaTraveling,

Thank you so much for your nice comments about our hotel and sharing your experience. I will definitely pass on your kind words to Rose! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Happy Belated Anniversary!!!!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

New hotel within the last couple of years. One of the cheaper hotels in the area. Very nice though, clear rooms, good breakfast. Staff is very friendly. Only downside is the accessiblity, it can be difficult to find if you have no been there before or are bad with direcitons.

Room Tip: Stay on the side facing the parking garage. There is a loud nightclub on the street side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear usfny1s,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel! I am sorry to hear the accessibility was challenging. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future..