Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
$342
$315
  • Pool
$72
Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
$140
SleepInn
$109
Country Inn
$139
$119
HotelIndigo.com
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
$70
$102
Travelocity
$95
$68
Travelocity
All reviewsparking garagebearded pigsan marcoclose to downtowngreat hotelper daythe hotel staffbreakfast buffetstay there againbusiness tripthe hotel is cleanfitness centerstaff was friendlyenjoyed my stayeasy accesshgilobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I am in the industry so I always have a critical eye when visiting other hotels. I could not find a negative thing to say about this property. Every inch of the hotel was decorated to make you feel like you were staying in a very elegant and classy establishment. The sleep number beds were divine and easy to use. And if I didn't think I would get in trouble, I would have probably stolen all of those wonderfully soft pillows. The staff was more than helpful and polite. And the luggage carts actually worked. The view in my room was wonderful. I could see all the city had to offer. This is surely a place I would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2011

The other reviewers are correct. This can be a great place to stay if you are here during the week. It has the features you come to expect with the Hilton Garden Inn, clean and comfortable rooms, great amenities for business travelers. But, on the weekends, expect the noise. Outdoor music from the bar across the street ruins any stay during the weekend.

It seems to me any smart hotel purchase would shell out the bucks to purchase the bar across the street to shut it down. But, I guess Hilton doesn't care.

So if you are traveling in the week, definitely stay here. If you are here on the week, stay somewhere else

Room Tip: Don't stay on the weekend
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KL2mlive
Reviewed March 29, 2011

New Hotel, so rooms clean. This advantage completely outweighed by an incompetant and rude staff. Maganement at this property needs to be fired and the staff comepletely retrained. A bunch of young kids who could not get anything right from start to finish. Put me in the wrong room type,room key did not work, got my room service order completely wrong, no apologies, no offer to fix it, just here you are. No diamond amentities, water in room etc. I was schocked, would expect this from a Marriott, never saw this kind of poor indifferent service at any Hilton Property.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank matthewhudson1
JAXSB_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

I apologize that you felt we did not live up the Hilton promise. I have reviewed your reservation and apologies for the room type mistake. You reservation booked a "room type chosen at check in" but your Diamond status shows a permenant request for a King Bed; we assigned you into a Kind Bed based on that. We apologize if that wasn't reviewed at check in to confirm.

As for the other service issues, I will be discussing them with the department heads to ensure they don't happen again. I appreciate you giving us a chance to take this feedback and improve. I hope that you find you next Hilton stay to live up to the Hilton promise and if you ever find your way back to the Jacksonville area I hope you'll give us another shot.

Reviewed February 13, 2011

Stayed here 1 night prior to flying out of JAX the next morning. Good location, close to downtown entertainment via taxi without the noise. Good location off I-95 Interstate. The HGI shares the overall building with a Homewood Suites.

First off - The reviewer before "WORST HOTEL EVER" must have had a really bad experience. This place was quiet and clean, standard HGI interior. I DEFINITELY would not call this a "DUMP". Good service from the employees I encountered. Did not experience any hidden charges, other than the garage charge (see cons below).

Unlike some of the past reviews I did not have to experience the outdoor music, maybe because it was a rainy day or the fact that it was a Sunday. Regardless of that, I think if you were to ask for a room that faces away from the street this would eliminate the issue of the music. I requested a room away from the street and noise when I reserved.

Decent gym/fitness room.

Pros: Excellent stay for the price. Hotel and rooms were clean.

Cons: Front desk personnel should inform you of the charge for parking in the garage. It is only $10 per/night, but there is parking outside. Also, my room did not have a tub, shower only, no problem for me, but, the shower door did not want to stay fully locked closed during a shower.

My only other recommendation would be to cover the whirlpool area from rain.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank EarthlyExplorer
JAXSB_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Thanks for the great review. I appreciate you taking the time to do let us know both our pros and cons. The front desk staff should be informing people of the parking charge and I will speak with the appropriate people to make sure they are back doing that. I apologize if it was a surprise. We always try and disclose all charges, even the small ones.

We do try and honor all interior room requests as well.

Some of our rooms are shower only and some are the shower tub combo. I would be willing to bet you stayed in a room with a King bed because they all have the showers. Our engineers are working on a solution to the shower doors as well. They are a pressure closure which means you have to 'pull really hard' to keep them closed; I've used them before to test them out and haven't found this to be an acceptable solution so we are working to find a better one.

As for the idea about covering the whirlpool - we will look into that. I'd love to be able to cover it on rainy days and keep it open on the sunny ones so we will look into what options exist.

Thanks again for the review and the feedback.

Tj Howard, General Manager Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown

Reviewed January 21, 2011

The staff exhibited the helpfulness and friendliness that is expected and more at a Hilton Hotel. The hotel was clean an bright. I enjoyed the decor of the room and the halls. The pool area is very enticing. The dining area is very nice and comfortable and provided me with everything i needed. The breakfast was excellent. I will check out the dinner menu on my next visit. The hotel is not far from the river walk but not within comfortable walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business