Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #24 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Athens, Georgia
“Nice place....”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

very quiet and staff is excellent! Recommended for biz travel as well, will repeat when in the area. Homewood Suites are beginning to grow on me as a preference in the Hilton chain. Manager Jacque followed up with an email inquiring about our experience, I am impressed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I was thrilled when I read that you were impressed with the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank and that the staff was excellent! We do hope to see you soon. Again, thank you for the positive review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I booked this hotel absed on REVIEWS and location. the price was EXCELLENT for the quality of the hotel, the friendliness of staff (VERY WELCOMING), cleanliness of the room. The location was close to EVERYTHING that I needed for my stay. Walmart was very close, the beach was 20 minutes away and the selection of resturants around the area was great! I recommend visiting "The Jacksonville Landing"....day or night! Its' beathtaking at night! very close to the hotel. From Check-in to Check-out..........PERFECT! I arrived at the hotel around 1 and asked if it were "possible" to check in before 3, it was NOT A PROBLEM!! I enjoyed the Workout room, the pool, the view from the 7th floor....now to top it all off.....THE BREAKFAST!!! THAT WAS WORTH MY STAY ALONG with the cleanliness of the room.....did I mention that already?? The kitchenette, the bathroom, that HUGH TV.... living room area.....WOW!! Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more details because I will book my stay there the next time to Jacksonville!! teachforlife66@gmail.com.
Im a believer in this place!!
ROC

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you from the entire staff for your fantastic review of the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. We strive for guest satisfaction and after reading your comments we definitely are hitting our mark. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend and were very happy. The location is just right.Close to downtown and lots of bars and restaurants and just across the river from the Jacksonville Landing. Breakfast was good and a decent variety of food. Unfortunately we missed the Manager's happy hour as we arrived on Friday and it is only Mon-Thurs. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a very loud train that comes through around 7am.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review of the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. I am glad that you were happy with your stay and felt the location was just right. Again, thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is where we choose to stay any time we are in Jacksonville. The staff is exceptional, and we especially enjoy Sheena & Gwen - the best parts of our stay. One to finish up the day with complimentary beverages and dinner, the other to start our day off right. Love this place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for making the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank, your hotel of choice when in Jacksonville. I am glad to hear that Gwen and Sheena are the best part of your stay and that you love the hotel. Again, thank you for your positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This location was the site of our family vacation. The hotel had apparently overbooked so the room that we had reserved was not available. The front desk clerk ( I am sorry but her name escapes me) that was working when we checked in on Thursday 06/20 offered up very helpful solutions to make the situation better. This was so refreshing because we had traveled for most of the day from Charlotte NC. The rooms were clean. The furniture was not worn. I love Homewood Suites floorplans. We are able to have dinner that Thursday evening.It was really delicious. We decided to head out to Jacksonville Landing on Saturday. The front desk clerk that was working was great. She provided directions without hesitation. I would recommend this location to any one traveling to the Jacksonville area. This place was wonderful. The staff from the front desk, maids, maintenance crew and cafe attendants were amazing! We were never accosted by any bums and I am happy to say,

Room Tip: One of the few balcony rooms are really nice!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am happy that you had a wonderful experience at the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. Your words energize us to work harder everyday! Again, thank you for your positive review and hope to see you soon!
Valdosta, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nice hotel but really overpriced. Will look for another hotel next trip to Jacksonville Flordia. Checked in late and wasn't able to look for one that was a better price. Bumbs laying across the street!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. Your feedback will assist us in addressing these areas. We hope you will consider staying with us if you return to the area.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here for three nights while attending job related courses. This hotel went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect during my stay. I reserved a studio but was upgraded to a two bedroom. It had a min kitchen, two bathrooms and one even had a whirlpool tub. The beds were amazing as well as my view of the downtown area. It was so nice to be away from home but feel at home. I am truly pleased with my experience at the hotel. You will not go wrong here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Thank T.y. H
Thank you for your candid review of the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. I am always happy to hear someone say they felt at home, as that is our goal. We hope you are able to come back soon. Again, thank you for your kind words!