“Exceeded Our Expectations”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #22 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The building is obviously new, but it's also very clean and the staff quite professional. It's tucked a bit out of the way, but not far off from downtown. There is both on-street parking and a parking deck, which it shares with the Garden Inn to which it's attached. We didn't swim - no time - but our room overlooked the outdoor pool, and the space seemed very nice. Breakfast was hot and ready, with a lot of options.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for your candid review of our property. It warms my heart to hear that we exceeded your expectations! We strive everyday to satisfy our guests and it is always nice to hear when we do. Thank you again for the feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stay here on business several times a year. The staff is helpful and courteous. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with internet and kitchen appliances. You can order food to stock your refridgerator by sending a grocery list to the front desk. It will magically appear in your refrigerator later in the day. No charge for the service beyond the food you purchase. The location is good for restaurants (several within walking distance), the river walk is nearby as well. I've consistently had good service and great stays at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Guest feedback is always appreciated especially from repeat guests such as yourself. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here while visiting family. I read reviews before going so I knew to ask for a high floor, facing pool so I wouldn't hear the music from the bar across the street. Our room (841) was very nice. Breakfast and managers reception were great! I will definitely stay here again when I visit Jacksonville.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you will definitely stay here again when you return to the Jacksonville area. Again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed for one weekend night. Room, breakfast, staff was great. Located within easy walk of River Walk and several good restaurants. Only cautions are that we had a little trouble locating the hotel since it is in the same complex as Hilton Garden Inn. Also the railroad trackS are near enough go hear the train whistles. The one at 6:00am was a good wake up call,
We definitely will go back.

• Stayed: February 2013
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

I am so sorry that you had difficulty finding us but very happy to hear that you will definitely be back! We strive for guest satisfaction and reviews like yours let us know we are hitting our mark! Thanks again for your positive review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jacque Conley

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Overall my stay was good the noise in the outside rooms leave a little to be desired request an inside suite. There is a club across the street that plays very loud music on Friday and Saturday nights, the hotel will contact authorities when it is extremely loud but it can be very irritating.
Having the sky tram so close makes travel across the river very easy and comfortable.
If you have a vehicle be ready to pay for parking unfortunately there is very few free parking stalls provided for hotel patrons and the parking garage is $10 a day.

Room Tip: Request an inside suite so you don't have problems with noise from the close club or the trains
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

When I arrived, Mersida Mujezinovic greeted me with a big smile. She was very outgoing and friendly. I had arrived early and asked if I could check in. She told me that my room was available and I could check in. She then said that she noticed that I would be staying for 5 days, and asked if I would prefer a room with less noise from traffic.I thanked her and said yes. She gave me a few options, and explained the advantages of each room. She seem very genuinely interested me as a customer. She was by far the best employee I have encountered at any hotel that I have stayed. I also noticed that she was giving the same level of attention to other guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank paulbens
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The location was perfect for our needs. One reviewer mentioned a train, I never heard one but our room was facing the pool and we were on the 8th floor. Our room was right next to the elevator but we never heard it.

Room Tip: Choose a higher up room on the poolside.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
0 mi away
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
#11 of 134 in Jacksonville
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank? Share your experiences!