“Consistently Great Stays at this Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #27 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Blairsville, Georgia
“Consistently Great Stays at this Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stay here on business several times a year. The staff is helpful and courteous. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with internet and kitchen appliances. You can order food to stock your refridgerator by sending a grocery list to the front desk. It will magically appear in your refrigerator later in the day. No charge for the service beyond the food you purchase. The location is good for restaurants (several within walking distance), the river walk is nearby as well. I've consistently had good service and great stays at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Guest feedback is always appreciated especially from repeat guests such as yourself. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here while visiting family. I read reviews before going so I knew to ask for a high floor, facing pool so I wouldn't hear the music from the bar across the street. Our room (841) was very nice. Breakfast and managers reception were great! I will definitely stay here again when I visit Jacksonville.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you will definitely stay here again when you return to the Jacksonville area. Again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Pennsylvania USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed for one weekend night. Room, breakfast, staff was great. Located within easy walk of River Walk and several good restaurants. Only cautions are that we had a little trouble locating the hotel since it is in the same complex as Hilton Garden Inn. Also the railroad trackS are near enough go hear the train whistles. The one at 6:00am was a good wake up call,
We definitely will go back.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am so sorry that you had difficulty finding us but very happy to hear that you will definitely be back! We strive for guest satisfaction and reviews like yours let us know we are hitting our mark! Thanks again for your positive review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jacque Conley
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Overall my stay was good the noise in the outside rooms leave a little to be desired request an inside suite. There is a club across the street that plays very loud music on Friday and Saturday nights, the hotel will contact authorities when it is extremely loud but it can be very irritating.
Having the sky tram so close makes travel across the river very easy and comfortable.
If you have a vehicle be ready to pay for parking unfortunately there is very few free parking stalls provided for hotel patrons and the parking garage is $10 a day.

Room Tip: Request an inside suite so you don't have problems with noise from the close club or the trains
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

When I arrived, Mersida Mujezinovic greeted me with a big smile. She was very outgoing and friendly. I had arrived early and asked if I could check in. She told me that my room was available and I could check in. She then said that she noticed that I would be staying for 5 days, and asked if I would prefer a room with less noise from traffic.I thanked her and said yes. She gave me a few options, and explained the advantages of each room. She seem very genuinely interested me as a customer. She was by far the best employee I have encountered at any hotel that I have stayed. I also noticed that she was giving the same level of attention to other guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank paulbens
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The location was perfect for our needs. One reviewer mentioned a train, I never heard one but our room was facing the pool and we were on the 8th floor. Our room was right next to the elevator but we never heard it.

Room Tip: Choose a higher up room on the poolside.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! A train passes by every two hours all night. I switched rooms multiple times and still heard the train despite repeated assurances that I would not. Terrible experience. Do not stay here.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jacque C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the train noise. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience and I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort. We hope with our improvements, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Kind regards,