Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Ranked #56 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 23, 2013

July 4-5 was the dates me and my wife stayed as a guest in this fine Hotel Express. Our visit was really comfortable and the employees were very generous and kind. The bed was really comfortable and the bath room was excellent. The breakfast Buffet was so good. I had to phone home and brag about it. I will recommend the Holiday Inn Express to all my friends and family. Mr. Lee the manager was the best hostess I have encountered for a long time. He made sure all my needs were met, and I am very satisfied with all the employee's service. I will be visiting Holiday Inn Express again..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vanette H
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Mrs. Vanette,
thank you for bragging about our Breakfast.
Someone says the word of mouth is the best advertizing and you know how important it is for a Director of sales running a business.
We loved having you and we definetly appreciate your kindness.
I send you warm thoughts from all of us. So long!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Coming off a terrible experience the night before at another hotel in the St Augustine area, we cut our stay there short by two nights and made reservations at this Holiday Inn Express based on the good reviews. It is in a strange location (i.e., standing alone in an area of town that is a little run-down), but that may be because of the nearby Naval Station at Mayport, as there were a lot of Navy folks and contractors staying in the hotel. We had no issues and felt safe, though, as it was easy to get to the beach area, as well as access the roads we needed to head north to Amelia Island and later back toward home.

The staff was outstanding across the board. Everyone, from the night manager to the day manager to the breakfast area staff to the cleaning staff, was very friendly and upbeat. The hotel was very clean, and our room (two queen suite) was excellent.

Didn't necessarily care for the smoking guests lighting up and hanging out around the front entryway. Recommend a better area away from the front and non-smoking guests.

Excellent overall stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor over the center of the hotel. Obstructed some view of the front parking...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ObiMatt87
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for the "Outstanding" ratings. We are sorry you had a not so pleasant stay at the St. Augustine Holiday Inn.
we are looking forward to seeing you again. Bye bye.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Don't pay in cash for any reason. They will find anything and everything to take your deposit from you. We called ahead and they did not tell us that we needed a deposit when we asked the complete total that we will need to bring. They put my deposit on an envelope and labeled it. When we were ready to check out they called us and tried to take the deposit because of out service animal. We cleaned everything up and folded everything to make it easier for the maid we went down stairs. While talking to the manager she wanted to argue with me and say we smoked in the room. I am not a smoker nor would I smoke with my SERVICE ANIMAL in a closed room. If my fiance wanted to smoke it was only to do it outside because she would not do it around us in a closed room. She would not check the cameras to see that my fiance only smoked out side. She wanted to keep arguing with me and we wanted to speak to someone else since she was the manager she sent the maintenance guy up to our room and he checked the vents and everything and said we did not smoke in it. I found the manager very rude. I called ahead of time to even see what the rules were for my service animal and they did not say I would have to pay for a service animal. Luckily after all this we were able to get deposit back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brandy D

You guys definitely smoked in the room. We felt sympathetic with your circumstances; therefore we decided to return the deposit to you.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We arrived and Ariana was cheerful and made sure we had a quiet room. Breakfast was hot and a nice spread. Very clean and well maintained. Highly recommend. Location to naval base and Fleet Kanding senior complex is great. Pool was nice, but no umbrella's

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bobroma1
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Mrs. Roma,

thank you so much for your survey. You've been a real blessing from day 1.
Until the next time..take care!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel did not disappoint. It was about 4 minutes off the exit which was pretty close to shopping, dining, and night life. The beach was pretty close as well. The hotel staff was awesome from the front desk to the wonderful room attendants. The hotel was clean and very inviting....I would definitely recommend this hotel as well as return there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Mrs. Mel,
thank you so much for eveything. You guys are awesome, really!
We loved hosting your family and we are looking forward to seeing you again one day, Take care.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Excellent experience both visits to this hotel. Can't understand the reviewer claiming this is in a bad area of town--I am sensitive to security issues and my children and I felt completely safe in this hotel. Front desk personnel and other staff were courteous and professional. Hotel is 4 years old but looks new--obviously well-maintained. Pool was great, breakfast had a good variety and was kept hot and fresh. We make regular trips to Jacksonville and will definitely be re-booking here.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandi B
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for acknowledging the hard work of our staff and clarifying the security issue.
We are forever grateful!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great place to stay and convenient to shopping, beaches and activities in the area. Our room was very clean and the staff excellent-always friendly and smiling. Would highly recommend this place and plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Mrs. Glenda for the opportunity to host your family. We are happy you enjoyed the Beaches Town Center with all the stores and the adjacent public beach. We are looking forward to your return to Atlantic Beach. Take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Mayport Inn & Suites
Mayport Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
3 mi away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach

Address: 2040 Mayport Rd, jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32233-1924
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#16 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#24 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
Price Range: $110 - $157 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Jacksonville-Atlantic Beach! Minutes from the Mayport Naval Station and a short 20 minutes from the Jacksonville airport, travelers appreciate how convenient we are to Jacksonville, Neptune, Atlantic and Ponte Vedra Beach. Spend the day at Hannah Park or an evening on the Sun Cruz Casino gambling the night away. Relax away the afternoon in our sparkling pool or take the family to Adventure Landing Water Park. Whether you are in Jacksonville for business or leisure, the downtown area is just 20 minutes away and the beaches are only a 5 minute drive. Plan to attend one of our Beach Festivals or The Players Championship at Sawgrass Country Club. Let Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Atlantic Beach be your perfect home away from home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach