Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Ranked #58 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Roswell, Georgia, United States
“Great Weekend”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Once again we enjoyed our stay at the Mayport Holiday Inn Express. Our Room, the Lobby and the Dinning Area was Spic And Span Clean. The Staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We stayed at this location last year and intend to return on our next visit.
We even received a gift package upon arrival for being priority members.

Room Tip: We like the King Deluxe, on the third floor. Very Quiet. However, last year we brought our small dog...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We thank you for your kindness and appreciate your loyalty. The all staff works hard to bring you the best anytime you return to us. See you the next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Mcdonough, GA
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here in April 2013 for three days/two nights during a visit to Mayo Clinic. Hotel is extremely clean and convenient to you Mayo. The front desk personnel were extremely friendly, and helpful!! IF you are going to Mayo Clinic you can get a discounted rate here, but you need to book DIRECTLY with the hotel. We plan to stay here again in June on next trip to Mayo. This location is less expensive than the Holiday Inn Express on Beach blvd.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for being so informative to the Mayo Clinic patients and employees about the Special Rate.
Just remember to provide us with proof of appointment or the Mayo ID card at check in to get the incredible $65 Special Rate for Single or Double Queens Standards.
All the rooms are equipped with microwave and mini-fridge.
Full Hot Buffet Breakfast and WIFI are included with Holiday Inn Express.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 16, 2013

3 strikes and you’re out

Finished our third time at this hotel. The first time was not good and the second and third times were even worse.

My employer has me returning to this area a few more times in 2013. I asked to be placed in a different hotel but the company said they have a deal with this hotel. So instead of returning for a fourth and fifth time, I booked a room, at a different hotel, on my own dime.

Holiday Inn Express is a good chain. Have stayed at different HI Expresses across the country. Had good times. Yet this place is not up to the standards I have experienced at other Express hotels.

What was wrong here. I wish I had a few pages to list all the problems. How would you feel if you went downstairs at 4 am and found locals who looked and smelled homeless sitting in front of hotel lobby smoking and drinking coffee from hotel coffee cups.

Holiday Inn Express is a great hotel chain. Sadly, this hotel may have slipped by the corporate standard inspection.

Room Tip: Make sure to lock your car here and hide all your belongings. The Police admit the area is a haven f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank RedTraveler23
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We are attempting to contact you privately to obtain additional information regarding your experience with us. We would like to receive details about “the list of problems” and of course the Security concerns since we have never had anyone breaking into our guest’s cars since we opened in 2009.
Cordially,
The Management
Fortson, Georgia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Got this hotel from Hotwire. We wanted the one on the beach but got this one instead which is about 10 minutes from the beach. Hotel appears to be fairly new and is very nice inside and out. Very clean and comfortable. Front desk clerks were very nice and helpful. Free breakfast buffet was nice also. The few gripes I have are mainly with the location and security. The area this hotel is in seems to be a rough part of town. There is not much on the street but a few local bars and a car dealership. If you want to go to a nice restaurant, shop, or the beach you have to drive 10 minutes down the road. Within an hour of checking in around 8PM, the clerk had to call the police because of a drunk man had come off the street and was causing trouble and cussing like crazy. All of this was going on in the lobby of the hotel. My wife and daughters had to listen to this as we had to walk thru the lobby to get to our car. After a few minutes there were 4 police cars blocking the entrance. Needless to say this was very surprising to other guests who had just arrived and were wondering what was going on. The cops finally escorted the man outside. I wake up the next morning and go to my car the guy is back again. The cops show up again and escort the guy away. Each time this happened the hotel clerk seemed very upset. This hotel really needs it's own security in the lobby because of its location. The other gripes are minor; The pool is not heated, only one ice maker in the hotel and its on the second floor, and guests are allowed to smoke on the bench right next to the front door. Every time we walked in we had to walk thru a cloud of smoke. This is a nice hotel and the personnel were great but I don't think we will be staying again because of the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Will H
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear guests, we regret you had to witness such an uncomfortable scene.

Police believed the drunken subject also had some mental illness; therefore they did not take him into custody the 1st night. It's got to be some kind of rare situation for a person to walk into a hotel lobby and act so irrationally. Truly it was an isolated incident.

After reviewing your comments regarding smoking, we moved the designated smoking area further away from the entrance to the hotel lobby.

On the other end, we thank you for the 5 stars rating you gave on customer service and 4 stars on cleanness and value.

We will continue doing what we love proudly!
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were impressed with this Holiday Inn Express right from the start! We were very warmly greeted by name at the front desk, thanked for coming, offered warm cookies and given a goodie bag with water and snacks. The check-in process was quick and easy. Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable and the staff were quite pleasant and friendly, and they go out of their way to please you. We were in town for a family wedding and met other family members from across the state who also stayed at this hotel. Everyone was quite pleased with the accomodations and also remarked about the cleanliness and comfort. The pillow top bed and the "Smart Bedding" linens and pillows are very comfortable. The free Breakfast was also very nice, the food was good with lots of choices and the dining area was also exceptionally clean and inviting! We would definitely stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend it, Aside from it being such a pleasant and comfortable hotel, it was also a very good value for the price!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for the "Exceptional"!!
Truth is you customers are "the exceptional"! We are blessed by having the nicest people on the planet coming here and we feel so grateful every morning that we get to work in a wonderful environment. You are the reason why we are so excited about what we do here. The compliments and your recomendation to the on-line audience is the best gift. Thank you!
Wichita
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Visiting my elderly parents nearby, my family spent a week at this lovely, newly renovated and nicely appointed motel. Complete hot buffet breakfast, with motivated staff who keep it re-filled. Friendly desk help 24/7. Nice fitness room with machines that work, including hand weights. Definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: Even rooms right off the entryway are quiet. Some come with jacuzzis.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guests,
we will always remember you as one of the nicest families we had around. It was fun the all week and we are looking forward to your next vacation in Florida.
Untill the next time, so long from Atlantic Beach.
Biloxi, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel was good enough. Stayed for one night. Checked out on March 23, 2013.The credit card was charged $250 as a fee for smoking in the room. I did not smoke in the room as I do not smoke. I was not notified of the charges(later showed up on the credit card statement) and when the I inquired of the charges, the general manager, Neil Pattel, refused to issue a credit. It seems quite unfair for the hotel so say the room was smokey, and having no evidence that I was the one causing the smoke(as in cigarette ashes, cigartettes, etc.), would charge me without even asking me about it. The neighboring rooms could have been the ones smoking. The other rooms checked out on a different and later date than me. Potentially they could have smoked the friday night and not after and not have been charged. I was wrongly charged for someone else's poor judgement. I am not a smoker and I am highly offended that this hotel has charged me for doing so. I absolutely would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Usually I stay at Marriott hotels, and I am sorry I tried a different hotel chain.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank 733johnp733
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
we are grateful that you decided to stay at our hotel recently and that you said you had a nice stay. We are grateful to you.
Regarding smoking violations in general at our hotel, our management feels the responsibility to the public to show we really take this policy seriously.
We believe it is fair to our guest to offer a smoke free room as advertised on Internet.
We do not offer rooms to our guests with a smoky odor covered up with Fabreeze as it was suggested us froom you during our conversations.
When you checked in, the room we offered to you was immaculate, and I say it with pride.
These are our standards.
There are steps and a few days involved with bringing back a room to our standards after a violations has occurred. Not to mention it cost money.
We do not charge our guests a smoking violation unless we are totally sure the smoke was coming from next door as you suggested.
Also, we would like our clients to know, we do offer a smoking area outside the building.
Cordially
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Red Roof Inn Neptune Beach - Mayport/Mayo Clinic
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marrio...
#7 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Address: 2040 Mayport Rd, jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32233-1924
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#16 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#26 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Jacksonville-Atlantic Beach! Minutes from the Mayport Naval Station and a short 20 minutes from the Jacksonville airport, travelers appreciate how convenient we are to Jacksonville, Neptune, Atlantic and Ponte Vedra Beach. Spend the day at Hannah Park or an evening on the Sun Cruz Casino gambling the night away. Relax away the afternoon in our sparkling pool or take the family to Adventure Landing Water Park. Whether you are in Jacksonville for business or leisure, the downtown area is just 20 minutes away and the beaches are only a 5 minute drive. Plan to attend one of our Beach Festivals or The Players Championship at Sawgrass Country Club. Let Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Atlantic Beach be your perfect home away from home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach