Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mayport Inn & Suites(Atlantic Beach)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Mayport(Atlantic Beach)
View Hotel
One Ocean Resort & Spa(Atlantic Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Best Western Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsatlantic beachnaval stationmilitary familiesextra pointsmilitary discountmini vacationfree breakfast ismicrowave and fridgenice clean hotelcleaning staffminute driveparking lotroom was largetop floornon smokingwould stay here againstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2012

But this is coming from a reviewer that stays in condos and lux hotels when she travels. The room was fine. The AC was weird. It's more like a fan than air conditioner. I killed a roach in the bathroom. They did not have fresh, new rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom. No towel racks!? The beds were a little bouncy. The front desk staff seemed insincere to me. Maybe I was having a bad weekend. LOL! I'm used to picking really good hotels. This one...was just okay. I paid $114 a night on hotels.com. If I had to do it over, I wouldn't pay over $89. It's close to the beach which is probably really important for some travelers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lauraua
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Lauraua,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your comments are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We are very concerned when situations like these occur and would like to follow up. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family and I enjoy staying at Holiday Inn on Mayport Rd. It is located in a central location of the airport, St. Johns Town Center, St. Augustine Mall, Fernadina Beach and Jax Beaches! I had a problem to arise and the manager Mr. Neil Patel was very kind and helpful. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. From the desk clerk,
housekeeping, and breakfast cook , everyone one was very helpful and friendly. Mr. Neil Patel,manager, went out of his way to make sure we were happy. You will not regret staying here.
It's not in a conjested area either. The trees are beautiful!!! thank you, Mr. Patel and your staff!!!

Room Tip: The suites are nice! Fresh Market and Starbucks are very close by.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cynthia t
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank You so Much For The AWESOM Review.We’re glad you thought our staff was friendly and our rooms were clean, but most of all, we’re glad to have people like you as our guests. We all hope to see you again next time you are traveling through Florida!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I was very happy with the hotel! Clean rooms, very nice staff, microwave and small fridge in the room. Breakfast was good, pancakes, cereal, eggs, buscuits and gravy, so much to mention. Bed was very comfy!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1coastiewife
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank You So Much For Your Short And Sweet Review.Your Review Pretty Much Said Every Thing About Our Hotel, Hope To See You Soon If You Are Back In Jacksonville Area.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Unfortunately, my husband and I only stayed one night, but I really liked this hotel. The room was very clean and large. The front desk clerk gave us a suite (maybe because of being Priority Club member?) with a kitchenette and we were given a brown bag with water and some snacks. The bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was the best we have had without having to pay for it.

Previously when in the area, we had stayed at the Comfort Inn closer to Fleet Landing and the naval base, about 5-6 years ago. It is now a LaQuinta Inn, but as a Comfort Inn, it was disgusting. I was delighted to have such a nicer place in the Holiday Inn so close to where my grandmother is living.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our service and staff,and had the opportunity to take advantage of Our Wonderful Breakfast Bar. We are fortunate to have a great team here that truly cares about our customers. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn in ages, and therefore I was unaware that this chain had undergone a serious upgrade. So I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It had pretty much everything I would expect from a business-class chain. First thing I noticed was the absence of creepy floral polyester bedspreads. The sheets are white and clean, and they are not trying to hide anything. The bathroom was lovely -- also clean, modern, well-designed. In fact, I know I'm repeating myself, but everything about this hotel is just great. The fitness center has free 3 cardio machines and then a rack of free weights (dumbells) which is much better than those crappy usually-broken machines most hotels have. The breakfast area was clean and well-run; I didnt like the eggs but everything else was as expected, including fresh perfectly ripened fruit. The staff who ran the breakfast area were friendly and conscientious. (Remember to bring a dollar down to breakfast to leave a tip in the tip jar!) In fact, all of the staff were pleasant, efficient, and professionalFinally the location is fantastic. It's a short drive to the beach and not far from oceanside restaurants, etc. You can take this awesome public car ferry to Amelia Island -- the ferry is only like ten minutes away from the hotel and you'll be on Amelia Island in 20 minutes. http://www.stjohnsriverferry.com/

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tokoloshgrrl
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you TripAdvisor Member.The staff and management are very pleased that your stay with us was up to your expectations. As you mentioned, our staff is very helpful and will go out of their way to accommodate our guests requirements. The hotels features and benefits do surprise our guests upon arrival and that makes our job much easier. Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write us your comments and we do look forward in seeing you in the near future.