“Refreshingly Excellent Service!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Ranked #60 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We travel to North Florida frequently, and we have stayed here a number of times. We travel with our pet there and they welcome him with open arms. I guess it helps that the dog is very friendly and most everyone loves him anyway...

The rooms are good sized, and a couple of times they have upgraded us. jkdaves mentions that the area around the hotel is questionable, which isn't untrue - except the wife doesn't feel uncomfortable here and she is vocal about safety.

Pool is outside, so in winter it might be unusable. Some rooms do have jacuzzis, which are big and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your most recent review. We are pleased that your stay with us while visiting the area was enjoyable. The staff and management are always going out of their way to ensure that the guest has a positive stay.Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to comment on the hotel and we look forward in seeing you in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

very clean, nice staff, good breakfast. couldn't have been more pleased!

Room Tip: lots of great dining in the area
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2012

Thank you for your short and sweet response. We love our hotel, our employees and our Guest.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Only drawback of hotel is area around the hotel seems kind of questionable. Hotel is new. Rooms were huge. Bathroom was large. Brand new everything in room. Pet friendly location with lots of area to exercise our dog. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area. Mini fridge and microwave in our room too.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

We truly appreciate all of your kind words. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our property. The Holiday Inn Express And Suites opened its doors in May2009 thus making our accommodations top of the line. Our goal is to not only meet your expectations but exceed them. Our property takes great pride in providing exemplary customer service and has a true passion to serve! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 29, 2011

My fiance is in the Navy and is stationed at the Mayport Naval Station 1 mile from this hotel and this was my first stay here. I have stayed in other Holiday Inn Express hotels and they've all been great, but this one was by far the best! Everything was ready when I came to check in, which a lot of times hotels aren't, the staff was VERY friendly (always smiling and saying "hello"
anytime you left or walked by), everything was super clean, they were very timely if you needed anything or questions answered, etc; I will have to come back to Mayport again many times, so I will definitely be staying here again and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is thinking about staying here!!

Room Tip: Third floor seemed to have little to no noise
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RachelAshley
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thanks you TripAdvisor member for your recent review.The staff and management is pleased that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. As you mentioned, the staff goes out of their way in making our guests feel welcome with their friendly and helpful attitude. Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to send us your comments and we look forward in seeing you in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

good location,great service,great staffs, good breakfast and super clean room. i wish i could have stayed longer. they even let me park my car in their parking lot for 4 days while i went to work out of town.

Room Tip: my room was great i was on the third floor. the room was so nice i even took pictures.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank udomsimon
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Thank you for your response to your stay at our hotel. We are very glad that we made your stay one of your best and that you will be coming back to see us again soon. From me and the staff, thank again for everything.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

This was my first visit to this hotel, but I was glad I travelled the extra minutes from Atlantic Beach. The front desk staff were so helpful and you could tell the hotel was new. The Queen room we were booked in had all white bedding, which I prefer, as it's cleaner. Well maintained and cared for rooms. Close enough to the beaches to fit in as a vacation spot.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MissBliss44
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

I would like to thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you and for your comments and that you found the Hotel clean and nice staff.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

My wife and kids had never been to Jacksonville before and I wanted some place nice, quite and clean for them to stay. I called the hotel prior to getting there to request my two rooms be joined with a inner door. The hotel desk person could not have been more friendly and not only honored my request; but called me back to confirm it was taken care of. The hotel was very clean, close to the beach and the staff was super friendly. I travel with my job and stay in hotels all over the country and this was one of the best staffs I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
neilatjax, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad that we accommodated you with the adjoining rooms. Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to our hotel. We are very pleased to know that you found our staff to meet your expecations and hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island
Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach

Address: 2040 Mayport Rd, jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32233-1924
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#16 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#26 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
Price Range: $109 - $173 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Jacksonville-Atlantic Beach! Minutes from the Mayport Naval Station and a short 20 minutes from the Jacksonville airport, travelers appreciate how convenient we are to Jacksonville, Neptune, Atlantic and Ponte Vedra Beach. Spend the day at Hannah Park or an evening on the Sun Cruz Casino gambling the night away. Relax away the afternoon in our sparkling pool or take the family to Adventure Landing Water Park. Whether you are in Jacksonville for business or leisure, the downtown area is just 20 minutes away and the beaches are only a 5 minute drive. Plan to attend one of our Beach Festivals or The Players Championship at Sawgrass Country Club. Let Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Atlantic Beach be your perfect home away from home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach