“Very nice Restaurant”
Review of J Alexander's

J Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 2,189 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Island Drive
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

J Alexander’s is in the Towne Center in Jacksonville. It’s across from Tiffany’s. I had dinner with my sister and her husband on a Saturday night. Love the ambience...relaxing and great for a romantic evening for couples. The hostess greeted us promptly and seated us in a comfortable booth. Our drinks were mixed perfectly and were served quickly. We had the ribeye steak special with salad and a loaded baked potato. Steak was juicy, thick and tender. Salad and potatoes were very good. Don’t miss the carrot cake. It’s served warm, with cream cheese icing oozing down the cake. Service was great and food was cooked to perfection. It is a bit pricey, but worth every penny. My sister and I shared a steak and we both had some left over to take with us. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Friends had suggested we try this restaurant during our latest trip to Jacksonville. They highly recommended it and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere, food, and wait staff were all great!! We will certainly go there again, as we do travel to Jacksonville on a regular basis.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

I have been to this restaurant several times for both lunch and dinner and while my dining experience was wonderful we ran into a couple of snags today. My colleague ordered the French Dip and the sandwich came out extremely rare and bloody on the bun.. took it back twice to the kitchen. The Artichoke appetizer was a huge hit and my other colleagues crab cakes were outstanding. However, when ordering the crab cakes she overlooked that 2 cakes, for lunch, were $40. A bit pricey for a lunch item with french fries. I had the Ahi Tuna salad that was delicious! I'll be back for sure but today just had a few hiccups and surprises. I also liked how the valet parking came with a text message making it extremely easy to pay with and tip! The valet guy was quick and courteous. Our waitress was also quite helpful and responsive.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

We went on a night that power was out in half of town center. Had reservations at another place originally, but they closed for the outage and went here. I feel like we waited 1-2 hours to be seated. There were people everywhere coming in left and right. I feel like the staff did a good job handling the very high level of traffic coming through and the quality of the food wasn’t compromised. I do remember the prices were a little steep for portions of certain items, like scallops. It was my first time and I had an excellent prime rib. Would like to go back and try it out on a “regular” night.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

The company I work for was looking for a restaurant to take some out of town business partners to a business dinner. We selected J. Alexander's because of it's location and the food is great! They also offer specials during the week. On Tuesdays you can get a bottle of wine for 20.00. This place is very nice looking and the staff are friendly and professional