“Wonderful food, service and atmosphere!”
Review of J Alexander's

J Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Island Drive
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Service and quality of food are the focus of this restaurant...and they did a great job at both. They had an extensive wine selection offering several of our favorite Foley wines. The crab cakes were delicious, as were the steak tacos and queso dip with fresh pico de gallo and chips.
I am highly selective when ordering baked goods and the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting was wonderful.
Overall, a great meal!!
(Valet parking is offered just in front so very convenient)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Went to J's last night and I visit this restaurant several times a year. Always good food, I ordered salmon with broccoli. For dessert I ordered Crème Brulee.

Reason I really wanted to write a review is because the manager was very accommodating and caring. We got a drink at the bar while we waited and when they buzzed us that our table was ready, we were told they would transfer our tab to the table. So we got up and moved. Next thing we know the bartender is at our table with a bill asking us to pay. We were just going off what we were told, no big deal and my date paid the tab. The Manager, Scott comes over seconds later apologizing for what happened. We didn't think it was a big deal but we felt special he made it clear that's not professional and how they do things.

It goes a long way when a manager does everything in his power to make guests feel special.

Love this place.

If you're a red wine drinking, I def recommend a glass of the Roth Cabernet. :) Cheers

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I go there for lunch every time I am in the area. Never had less than an excellent lunch. Friendly efficient and professional staff. Great crab cakes and excellent prime rib. Not inexpensive but good value for money. Lunch for two with gratuity can easily exceed $75 so if that's a problem not for you.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Please note that average is OK; but, when there are so many NON-chain restaurants in the Jacksonville and Beaches area, it seems a bit silly to dine in a so-so place when there are so many other better original non-chain choices. I don't mean to be a spoiler; it earned just 3 stars.
The physical attributes are very nice including a clean bathroom.
Greeting, reception and service were very good.
Huge onion rings were good-not great.
Lovely choices of wines by the glass all at a very reasonable prince point.
Steak frites entree was OK; petite tenderloin was very good and done as ordered: medium rare.
Monster-sized loaded baked potato, I am Irish---of course, it was great.
Monster-sized ice cream and chocolate cake was more than enough for four.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We ate lunch here, second time for us at this property. Food was tasty, service was professional and we were very pleased with our experience. The portion size is large for lunch salads!