“Great Ribs!”
Review of J Alexander's

J Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 2,057 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Island Drive
Reviewed December 12, 2013

They have the best BBQ ribs at J. Alexanders, and their sides are excellent. You can't go wrong for the price.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is not exactly the place you want to go if you are looking for nicely paced meal or a relaxing evening! The servers we friendly but pushed you along the meal. For example when drink orders were taken the server immediately suggested an appetizer to start. My business associate and I hadn't even looked at the menu. The server kept checking to see if we were ready to order, even interrupted our business conversation on several occasions. We placed orders for entrees and salads to start. The salad were delivered within 3 minutes of placing the order and were doused in dressing. Insistently i ordered mine with the dressing on the side. I would have told the server about the error but The next time she appeared was with our entrees. I made a comment but didn't want to make too much of a fuss because it was a business dinner. The server must have told the manager about the timing of the food, because he showed up within two minutes. stopping our evenings conversation to deal with him apologizing wasn't exactly what I wanted to be doing. I believe there might have been a better way to handle things ..perhaps later in the meal. I'm not sure what he could have done or wanted me to say since the entree was already with us...so why make it worse by requiring us to stop our conversation.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The restaurant was busy, but they got is in and to a table within 15 minutes. Good starters and main (delicious 10oz fillet steak). One disappointment - grilled artichokes were tough. Friendly, efficient staff. This is a great place for groups of people - could be a bit noisy for a romantic evening though.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

J.Alexander's is a top stop for me - whether after work or for a special occasion. The service is always good. Lemondrop martinis are the best anywhere. Their filet or their Maui Ribeye are spot on every time. Their meat is quality and their chef's get it right every time. They always have fabulous fresh sides or to die for potatoes, etc. Carrot cake with hot icing will sure become your favorite too . Plenty for at least 2 people. I love their orzo too! They have inside and outside dining for lunch and dinner and are located at the trendy town center down near many of the high end shoppes. Only opportunity for this restaurant is the tidiness of their restrooms.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

5 of us went out to eat on a Saturday night; arrived at 7:05pm and were told 40 minute wait. We took our pager, and went shopping for 35 minutes. We arrived back at restaurant, waited 15 more minutes, inquired about the wait, and were told (apologetically) that it would be longer. Champagne was served to those of us in the waiting area. We were seated at 8:15pm. The staff was very friendly. Menu was varied; there were a few items gone by the time we ordered; we had the onion ring app, beet burgers, club sandwich, 2 different salads. Overall the food was fine; cilantro vinagrette dressing on salad was very fresh (salad was premade and kept in fridge, so not very crisp), shoestring french fries were not hot by the time they got to the table; portions were generous. Overall, I've been to better chain restaurants- this one is OK if you don't have to wait.