“Great for business, Great for going out”
Review of J Alexander's

J Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Island Drive
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This place is a chain, but its consistent and the food is good. Great to take business relationships for dinner and/or drinks, atmosphere is primed for date night. low lighting, jazz in the background. Order anything, its all great.

There are newer reviews for J Alexander's

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The menu at J Alexander's at the St. John Town Center in Jacksonville, FL is not huge. However, each dish on the menu is very tasty! I happen to be a regular (I dine there about 3 times a week) and I have tried just about everything on the menu and more than once. J Alexanders food and atmosphere are absolutely top notch! The stellar and attentive service takes it over the top.

Would you like a killer salad for lunch? No problem, just order the Cypress Salad. Hungry for a good steak? Go for the center cut fillet or the N.Y. strip; both are so yummy, and not over priced at all! How about something a little sweet and spicy? Easy, just order one of my all time favorites, the pork tenderloin with the Bang-bang sauce. <-- This sauce is REALLY good on the very tender pork cuts! Hmm... but what if you are in the mood for a good burger? No need to go anywhere else, as J Alexanders has one of the top 5 burgers in town! Just trust me and order the Old Fashioned Cheeseburger.

Honestly, if I could change one thing about J Alexanders to improve it... I would add more selections of beer to the bar. They have Red Hook and Samuel Adams on draft. Guinness and Newcastle among a few others are available in the bottle, pus a full bar and a large wine selection. If only I could get Guinness or Bottingtons on draft here... then J Alexanders would be damn near perfect. Oh, but then I would be there like 5 times a week!

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Ate here tonight for a friends birthday. Food was nothing spectacular, the menu selection is limited. About 4 apps, 4 salads a few sandwiches and about 6-7 entrees to choose from. Our service was pretty bad and they weren't busy at all as this was late Sunday evening 7pm. Very pricey. I had a plain Jane salad $16 I've had better $10 salads at chillis. Wouldn't eat here again. My husband had a small pasta dish that was about $18 and he wasn't full after eating all his pasta which is odd for him ( he never finishes his plate). Good location bottom line try somewhere else.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good place for lunch or dinner. Soft jazz and neat atmosphere. However, if you want to reserve the large table for a special occasion, it is ridiculous. They refuse to book it, and make it very difficult. Took a manager's involvement to help me have a birthday lunch with 7 friends. Will never try to do that again. Rotisserie chicken with smashed potatoes is delicious- enough for two.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

J Alexanders is located in th midst of many great restaurants in the St Johns Town Center shopping area. They offer valet parking, however, parking in adjoining lots are convenient for self parking.
We had been shopping in the mall and decided to try J Alexanders and I am glad we did. The restaurant is well appointed and the decor is stylish. They have a nice bar in the front of the restaurant although we did not try t out since it was lunch. If we were there for dinner I think we would arrive early and enjoy a drink before being seated for dinner.
he lunch special menu was varied and creative. The main menu also provided a broad variety of appetizers and entrees that should fill anyone's pallet.
We ordered the fish tacos with black beans and rice and the special cheeseburger with fries. The portion sizes were generous, the fish was fresh and well prepared and the black beans were the best I ever had.The cheeseburger was a special blend of prime meats. It was juicy and flavorful. The Tlilamook cheddar was the right topping joined by caramelized onions. The potatoes were shoestring in size and tasty.
We were very pleased with our lunch and the service was professional and courteous..