“Our favorite steakhouse!”

Ruth’s Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,013 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flagler
“Our favorite steakhouse!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I have eaten at Ruth's Chris many times. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgable, the view is gorgeous, and the food is wonderful! Our waiter, Austin, helped make our visit relaxing and enjoyable and we will ask for him from now on.

• Turkish first
“Awesome Place”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Ruth's Crist steakhouse serves the most fabulous meal and if you are lucky enough to get a table near the window you can enjoy the lights of the city while you are dining. Although this place is VERY EXPENSIVE it is perfect for a special occasion or a really romantic date night. It wouldn't be something to do every day but what the heck once a year it is a real treat.

• Visited July 2013
Florida
“Great tasting steak but I was really disappointed”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Ok, It was a better than good steak, the fillet mignon.
But this was my first time here and I expected my steak to look like the one on the cover, and like they advertise all over the place.
Boy was I disappointed. When the steal arrived my face just became a look of total shock. The waiter asked if anything was wrong, I replied that I expected the steak to look like the advertisements. He said, "oh that's just a picture."
Well, my picture perfect evening was anything but. I judge a restaurant (or other service/hospitality venue) by the way the fulfill their promise. If you say it's a great hotdog with natural casing and chili that is out of this world, don't give some skimpy little mutt with watery, canned undistinguishable red topper. Please deliver what you promise.
I wasn't on an expense account as are most of their RC's customers, so it really hurt. This could have been an exceptional experience, unfortunately, I have to rate my experience as average, as there is no "Disappointed" category.
For sure, I probably won't be back. I can buy a wonderful 16 oz prime cut of fillet, dry age it myself, roll it in butter and broil it on a sizzle platter and have a meal fit for a king. And I'll exceed my own expectations. And the cost? about the same as the parking tab at RC's. LOL

• Visited September 2013
“Never a bad meal”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

There are two Ruth Chris rrestaurants in the Jacksonville area, one in downtown and the other in ponte vedra beach. I prefer downtown with the beautiful river views.

Jacksonville, Florida
“A perfect night on the river!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My friend and I planned a girl's night out- and our destination was Valhalla. From the moment we walked in the bartenders were attentive. Making space. Moving chairs to make a spot for us at the bar. We had no reservation for a table- but they were more than accomodating! I believe our bartender's name was Scott? He was lively and polite. Made a mean drink! We had delicious appetizers and hearty salads. We were there for well over an hour, but it felt like a blink. The servers made sure we were entertained and the atmosphere was upscale. From the granite bar top and heavy linens to the nice china and silverware- it felt like a rich experience. The portions were large and could easily be shared. My chicken was sizzling upon delivery and juicy! The side dishes were so large they could not be completed in one sitting. My friend was thrilled with her dish as well. Room for dessert- no way! But we will go back for another fine dining experience! Love it!